shift lock clicking

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
05TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shift lock clicking

I have this clicking noise comming from the shift lock always between 2-3mph.
I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the shift lock but the clikcing noise is always there. Anyone know what to do? any mechanic neer montreal area that could give me a hand.

thx
Old 03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by gbc_yoyo
I have this clicking noise comming from the shift lock always between 2-3mph.
I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the shift lock but the clikcing noise is always there. Anyone know what to do? any mechanic neer montreal area that could give me a hand.

thx
i have the same problem, sounds like something is rattleing around inside there...like it goes foward when i come to a stop and rolls backwards when i take off again....i usually dont hear it with the stereo on, but it does it all the time....

can anyone chime in here with some answers or help...
Old 03-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I've brought it to the dealer for the same issue as well. Turns out this is actually normal - they took me for a test drive on another car and also made this noise. It has to do with the shift lock being able to travel a small distance. When you accelerate from a stop or when you're close to stopping, the mechanism moves slightly and makes that sound.

It's annoying when you notice it, but there's nothing wrong with your car.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 AM
05TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knavinusa
I've brought it to the dealer for the same issue as well. Turns out this is actually normal - they took me for a test drive on another car and also made this noise. It has to do with the shift lock being able to travel a small distance. When you accelerate from a stop or when you're close to stopping, the mechanism moves slightly and makes that sound.

It's annoying when you notice it, but there's nothing wrong with your car.
I cant recall exactly when, but I think I read a post somewhere on acuraezine, some one who removed the shift lock and added tape around it to fill the gap....not sure if thats a good idea or not but he said that it worked for him. You guys try that method? Doest sound right to me though, but again I suck @ mechanics.