Seat slide problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013 | 08:02 PM
1st Gear

Seat slide problem

Hi,

I've searched the forum and found plenty of threads re seats stuck but can't find what I'm looking for. Would be very grateful for any advice...

Acura TL 2004, passenger seat is stuck in position and won't slide forwards or backwards. The recline function works ok, I've tried swapping the fuses for the recline and the slide function and the seat still won't slide and still does recline so I assume it's not the fuse. Have checked underneath seat and can't see any loose wires, stuck coins, etc. When I move the seat slide switch there's no clicking or hum or anything. The switch feels a little 'sticky' and is slow to return to the center position without being pushed back there so I'm thinking I'll investigate the switch next. I can't see how to remove the side plastic trim panel that the switch is on. Do I have to remove the whole seat to get to the seat adjustment switch?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2013 | 08:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bornem
Hi,

I've searched the forum and found plenty of threads re seats stuck but can't find what I'm looking for. Would be very grateful for any advice...

Acura TL 2004, passenger seat is stuck in position and won't slide forwards or backwards. The recline function works ok, I've tried swapping the fuses for the recline and the slide function and the seat still won't slide and still does recline so I assume it's not the fuse. Have checked underneath seat and can't see any loose wires, stuck coins, etc. When I move the seat slide switch there's no clicking or hum or anything. The switch feels a little 'sticky' and is slow to return to the center position without being pushed back there so I'm thinking I'll investigate the switch next. I can't see how to remove the side plastic trim panel that the switch is on. Do I have to remove the whole seat to get to the seat adjustment switch?

Many thanks in advance!
Sounds like a switch problem, id investigate the switch, good luck, you may have to remove the seat, http://www.nnstudios.com/azine/Acura...e%20Manual.pdf, check and see if that has any info I haven't read through it.
Old 11-26-2013 | 08:26 AM
Racer

I had a similar problem, it would recline but not move, I had to remove part of the seat, just unscrew it a bit and hold it up, instead of 2 motors like i expected (one for each rail) Theres only one, and a long skinny metal pole that came undone from the other one. It took me about 30 minutes of work to fix it, but didn't have to replace anything!