Seat Replacement, Part by Part

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Replacement, Part by Part

I've done some searching, and haven't found anything as drastic as this - wanted to see if similar issues have happened.

I just bought my 07 TL-S used, and noticed that after sitting in the seat for a while it become fairly uncomfortable, and felt like I was tilting. So I took a good look at the seat, and could tell it was off. Took it to dealership 1, and twice they said no issues. So, after continually being uncomfortable, thought I would give dealership 2 a try. They said 'yup, clearly something wrong, get it in next week and we'll take a look at it.'

Brought it in, they called back hours later said I had a bent seat frame. 1 day fix. Called today to pick it up, they said that not only was the frame bent, but the rail that it sits/slides on as well as the cushioning being collapsed on the bottom of it. The service writers words were "if we could replace the whole seat, we would, but we have to do it part by part".

Interesting. She said they had never seen anything like it. Also, she said that I had plenty of life on the outside of my brembo pads in the front, but the inside of the brake pads were almost metal to metal. Any idea on that issue?

Thanks!

(P.S. despite a likely LARGE individual owning this car prior to me, I love this thing and the service that comes with it after coming from an 06 Audi A4... never again)
Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 427 Likes on 240 Posts
That's pretty messed up about your seat. I don't think I've read a similar problem.

About the brakes, well the caliper should 'float' left to right such that it squeezes the disk evenly. Something seems to be ceized up so the bulk of the pressure comes from the piston side and very little from the caliper side. I'm not super bright or car savvy though so you might want to wait for a 2nd opinion on that.

Bummer you had problems with your Audi, my mom had a 01 A6 2.7T and ran great for 130 miles. They only changed oil and sold it with 25k miles overdue timing belt change. Actually it did have a problem with a valve in the tranny early on but once fixed it ran great.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, everything is being done under warranty. They are now going to replace the seat back cushioning as well, since it was more crushed on one side. What would the cost have been? 2K. Thank god for warranty.