Replaceing Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaceing Emblems

I recently painted the emblems on my 04' TL black. I am not fully satisfied with the outcome and I am interested in ordering new emblems to replace the black ones. When searching for replacements I found several different matches. Does anyone know what the RR. Center emblem is refering to, is this the rear emblem? Because the front one is labeld FR. Grill. Also, has anyone done this replacement and if so can you tell me how you went about it? Thank you.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Hey man I'm looking at painting my emblems tomorrow.. how did you go about getting the emblems off? I've already debadged the "ACURA" and "TL" but I want to paint the other emblems black. Are their pins holding the A emblems on or what?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Advanced

When i painted my emblems black I did not remove either of the emblems, I simply covered everything surrounding the emblems as to prevent painting any unwanted parts. I painted mine with a brush which I regret, I wish I would have used spray paint or something else. If you are able to remove the emblems let me know how. When purchasing the new emblems the rear one has two clips on the back so you cannot use the fishing line technique to get it off.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Advanced

I changed out my front emblem yesterday. It is fairly easy. You need to open the hood and look behind the grill.

You must remove a series of clips to lift off a protective cover.

Once cover is removed look behind the gray piece of the grill, there should be a series of screws, 5 in total, because there is one final screw hidden right behind the A emblem itself. All of these screws can be tricky to remove, I tore up my hand getting at them. However, these screws can be removed with both a phillips and a 7mm socket. Its most efficient to use a combination of the two.

Once all screws are out you should be able to pull off the gray piece of the grill.

Once off, there are an additional two screws you must remove to get the A to come free. Reassembly is quite simple as well.

I am yet to remove the rear emblem, but if you have any questions about the front feel free to ask.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Advanced

I successfully removed the rear A emblem. It does have two pins and some adhesive around the rim. I removed it using some fishing line and then pried it off. I used some goo gone to remove the adhesive residue. You are going to need to find some adhesive so you can reapply the emblem.