Replaced lf wheel bearing, now TCS and ABS lights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced lf wheel bearing, now TCS and ABS lights on

hey all,
had an incident with a chunk of concrete on the fwy (damaged abs sensor, snapped the rotor into two pieces (the hat became separated from the friction disc) and badly messed up alignment.

well i got everything fixed, new rotor and abs sensor. all is well, until about 3 months later, get a grinding from the LF wheel bearing. no big deal, must be from the accident, got it replaced. right when i got it back, the TCS and ABS, and VSA off warning (triangle with exclamation point) lights are on, and i can't get them off. no codes are in the system, everything is plugged in correctly, (abs sensor, etc) and car drives fine, just no ABS or TCS. i read that after replacing the bearing you have to do a neutral position learn procedure or something to that effect. i havent heard of this anywhere else, anyone experience this or have any ideas on how to get this fixed?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bearing has a set of magnets on one side that sends a pulse every time it passes in front of the sensor if the bearing is installed backward the vsa abs and tcs light comes on .. i pasted the warning from the manufacturer website

Wheel Bearing
Part Number: K8000-142766

Years: 04-08
Wheel Bearing. This bearing is equipped with an internal ABS sensor magnet. Care must be taken during installation to insure that the sensor magnet is located on the correct side of the bearing housing. Failure to do so may cause a malfunction in the ABS system. For more info, refer to the appropriate section of your repair manual or check with your local dealer.