Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Remote Start

I have remote start on my 5AT and I was wondering if anybody had this issue. When I'm in the car and I have my heater now that its cold I have it set to lets say 80 degrees, when I turn off my car then I remote start it when I get in its at 69 degrees. Shouldnt it stay at the temperature that it was on 80 degrees in this case. The reason for Remote Start to me would be to warm up the car and have the inside of the car warm when its cold. Has anybody else experience this problem ? I have the Viper 5901
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
When you have 80 preset, is it always at 69 degrees every time you remote start or does it give you any random temperature other than the one you set?

What if you set you temp to 72, what happens then with a remote start?

Is your climate control set to auto?

What about if you don't remote start it but get in your car and start it with the key?

Who installed the Viper?

Last edited by nfnsquared; 02-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Ralph, maybe it has something to do with the memory 1 and memory 2 settings. Since when you do the remote start its not getting the memory settings from your FOB. I dont know how your setup is but in my Accord i had to keep a key in the module to allow the car to start so maybe that has something to do with it reverting back to 69 degrees or maybe you car is a big fan of 69
Old 02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by zsameer
Ralph, maybe it has something to do with the memory 1 and memory 2 settings. Since when you do the remote start its not getting the memory settings from your FOB. I dont know how your setup is but in my Accord i had to keep a key in the module to allow the car to start so maybe that has something to do with it reverting back to 69 degrees or maybe you car is a big fan of 69
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Race Director

My guess is that either:

1. your viper remote has not been properly linked with the RS brain.
2. the remote had sync but somehow lost it.
3. your car's memory is gone (blown fuse #20). Does your window washer work and/or is the green light on in your mirror?

Again, how long has the RS been installed and who did the installation? Did it (the temperature settings) work after the viper was first installed and then quit working? Or have they never worked from after the viper installation?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
When you have 80 preset, is it always at 69 degrees every time you remote start or does it give you any random temperature other than the one you set?

What if you set you temp to 72, what happens then with a remote start?

Is your climate control set to auto?

What about if you don't remote start it but get in your car and start it with the key?

Who installed the Viper?

even if i leave it at any temp. when i remote start its on 69 degree

No its set to on I believe I will have to check to see if it has anything to do with Auto

If i dont remote start its at the temp that i previously had it at. It only goes to 69 degrees when I remote start it, I just checked.

I had a friend of mine installed he is a audio/alarm installer he's a good friend that has been working on my cars for about 10 years
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

My guess is that either:

1. your viper remote has not been properly linked with the RS brain.
2. the remote had sync but somehow lost it.
3. your car's memory is gone (blown fuse #20). Does your window washer work and/or is the green light on in your mirror?

Again, how long has the RS been installed and who did the installation? Did it (the temperature settings) work after the viper was first installed and then quit working? Or have they never worked from after the viper installation?

Well my window washer works fine. I will check on the fuse perhaps maybe that could be it.

Its been installed since August of last year if I remember correctly but didnt really notice it til now that I use the heater I dont recall having that issue with the cold a/c. The temperatures works fine its just that one issue that everytime i remote start it its on 69 and its kinda annoying especially when its cold. But I will check into it perhaps have my friend take a look at it.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Originally Posted by zsameer

Hey whats up Zsameer, well yeah I will have to check the memory setting maybe that has something to do with it. Yeah my friend installed a module to where I didnt have to lose a key, that module overides it.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Race Director

What module is being used with the viper?

Are other features of the car's "memory" (i.e. seat/mirror position, radio presets) miss set after using the RS?

Purposely move your seat full back, exit car and lock it with your OEM fob. then unlock with oem fob. does the seat move back into position? If so, then there would appear to be nothing wrong with the memory system. This would point to a fault in the RS system or remote.

Do the same thing, but with the viper remote. Does the seat move back into the memory position?

Last edited by nfnsquared; 02-12-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

What module is being used with the viper?

Are other features of the car's "memory" (i.e. seat/mirror position, radio presets) miss set after using the RS?

Purposely move your seat full back, exit car and lock it with your OEM fob. then unlock with oem fob. does the seat move back into position? If so, then there would appear to be nothing wrong with the memory system. This would point to a fault in the RS system or remote.

Do the same thing, but with the viper remote. Does the seat move back into the memory position?
Radio presets, seats, mirrors are fine

I will try doing the seat memory thing tonite when i get home

Thanks for all your help I will try all the above this weekend cuz now that i think about it I have also encounter a problem a few time when i get in my car and both my mirrors have been moved so i have to re-adjust them. I'm wondering if its my alarm cuz that happens from time to time I just dont remember if I was having that issue before of after I got my alarm install but will definetely check it out this weekend. Once again thanks guys