Red tail light LEDs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red tail light LEDs?

Hey guys. I bought a set of black trim/smoke lens tail lights from Unique Style. They look pretty good, I guess, but they have NOTHING red inside. I found a DIY for the taillight swap, to make sure what to do. I then saw a pic of the LED pack for the tail lights and they are also white lights. Correct?
Sooooooo, what do I do to have red tail lights, when lighted? Is there a red led pack? If there is, I can't find them, so far.
Can I replace individual LED bulbs in the LED pack with red LEDs? I have found replacement LED websites, but the TL tail light is listed as not availble.
Unique style has been no help and, quite franky, they are pissing me off with their attitude. One assumes when you purchase an OEM replacement set-up that if you need more parts to complete the project they would at least tell you in the ad, or better yet, offer them for one stop shopping and a better profit margin. All I'm getting from Unique is this innocence act that "you didn't know what you were buying?"
One option I've come up with is to line the back side of the actual light-up section of the tail lights with a transparent red plastic, or the red plastic tape auto parts stores sell to repair broken tail lights. I think this is kinda cheesy.

Help?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
... Is this a troll?

You have to swap over your LED board from your current stock taillights. The LED board lights up red, and it will even in the white lens taillight...
The following users liked this post:
Quickurt (10-20-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Dude, just swap the LED board from your old set of tails to the NEW set of tails.

YOU CANT TELL WHAT COLOR LEDS ARE WHEN THEY ARE OFF.
The following users liked this post:
Quickurt (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 AM
10th Gear

Well, don't I feel like the fool! I assumed (crap, I remember what that means.....) that since the old covers are red and the lights are clear, that there was no need for the lights to light red..............and did not.
I was in no mood, and don't have the time, to take the car apart twice, so I found a thread, done VERY nicely by jn2000 (thank you) and saw the light pack was white.........
Now I must very humbly apologize to the lady at Unique Style Racing.
It still irks me that I asked a simple question about what was needed to make the lights light up red and was immediately acused of buying something I didn't know about. Since I manufacture and sell quite a number of products that have vendor supplied accessories, either supplied by me or part numbers given so the customer can buy them seperately, I find it strange that they are SELLING something which they know nothing about.
The simple conversation should have been a simple answer to my question, as you guys gave above: Sir, the LEDs in your car light up red.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by alexb92
... Is this a troll?

You have to swap over your LED board from your current stock taillights. The LED board lights up red, and it will even in the white lens taillight...

Ouch!!

I deserved that!