Rattles, Rattles and more Rattles...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:52 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rattles, Rattles and more Rattles...

I see on here that several of you have issues with your TLs and rattling. I found this forum in a search of how to fix some of the issues I am having with my 08 TL Type S.

In the past i have owned Jaguars, BMWs and a Cadillac. I thought that Acura was in this category...I was incorrect.

I bought my '08 Black Pearl Type-S in October last year and it has been nothing but problems. First, the center console trim plate around the shifter squeaked so loud I couldnt think straight. Next was the "rail dust" in the clearcoat from the factory. By the end of three weeks I had four distinct rattles and bad clearcoat! I was already on the right track to hate this car.

In the past few months I have enjoyed almost every panel inside the car rattling to the vibrations of the road. This makes no sense coming from a $40k car.

I took it back to the stealership that sold it to me to have the rattles fixed. After three days I received a call that my front drive axle was bent from the factory! Is this company for real?!

After three more visits to the dealership no rattles have been fixed. The only service I received was a new scuff in my front bumper and chips in the paint around my horn button. (the service guys actually used a screw driver to pry the horn button in search of my favorite steering column rattle) I had to order new panels to install myself.

I have heard stories about Acura rattles, but only after my purchase. I love the technology in the car...but only when I can stand driving it. The worst part is that I cannot just turn up the stereo to cover the noises because the rear deck rattles with the bass! There is no middle-ground.

I have a case with Acura corporate and a rep working with me on it. I have a problem with the idea that a dealership will fix all the rattles because I have learned that each service usually leads to other services from damage caused by the service mechanics.

Am I the only person who thinks that Acura should give their customers what they pay for?

I am sitting here without a vehicle because it is back at the dealership again. I will NEVER own another Acura again. Do any of you guys have any advice?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
be a man about it!!

j/k

the rattling is notorious... i've had 2 3G TLs (06TL & 08TL-S) they both rattled when brand new, but the rattles died out...

my 06 TL didnt rattle anymore by the time it died @ 25k miles
my 08 TL-S still rattles slightly, only going over bumpy terrain, and its on the center dash right about the navi screen....
Old 01-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
be a man about it!!

j/k

the rattling is notorious... i've had 2 3G TLs (06TL & 08TL-S) they both rattled when brand new, but the rattles died out...

my 06 TL didnt rattle anymore by the time it died @ 25k miles
my 08 TL-S still rattles slightly, only going over bumpy terrain, and its on the center dash right about the navi screen....
i am still waiting for my wind deflector rattle and my headliner rattle to die out...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My favorite is pinpointing the rattle before a service visit it decides to go away on your way to the dealership.

-or-

the classic "could not duplicate" on the invoice.

Fearing the damage that might be caused when they dig in my door panels and rear deck, I might just follow the DIY's I've read over the years on fixing them yourself.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by NedShneebly
My favorite is pinpointing the rattle before a service visit it decides to go away on your way to the dealership.

-or-

the classic "could not duplicate" on the invoice.

Fearing the damage that might be caused when they dig in my door panels and rear deck, I might just follow the DIY's I've read over the years on fixing them yourself.
yep, i can pinpoint the rattles sitting in the service bay with the guy in the car, they "fix" the rattle, then i pick up the car and can still duplicate the rattle sitting in the car...

then for fun, they scratch up the keyhole on the drivers side door, put a scratch in the black plastic trim just above the door, and put a rock chip in the frontend from test driving the car probably on the highway behind a dump truck...