Rattle Trap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle Trap!

my tl hates me! the damn thing has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks! in the past 2 years...since i bought it new.....my car has been in the shop over 7 times for the same obnoxious rattle in the rear! I can't stand it! and to make it even better, the it got hit on the dealers lot while it was there! I love my car......but it hates me!

has anyone else had this rattle/creak???
Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
welcome...

yes.... lots of people have rattles...

where specifically does yours rattle?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:02 AM
6th Gear

The rattles from this car will never stop. My TL was in for service for over 38 days in the last year, and has more rattles now than the first time I took it in. I won't even get into the bluetooth can and string system. I envy those TL owners on this site that have relatively rattle free TL's. If I was lucky enough to have one I would have been a very happy man. I finally reached my breaking point and traded my '05 TL in on a '06 MDX. You can continue to fight the power, or you can cut bait. Acura built an unbelievable car for the money. Unfortunately the interior quality is a big steaming pile of feces. Guess I shouldn't have been such a cheap bastard and bought the the BMW. Lesson learned. I empathize with all you TL owners everytime I go to the service department and see you driving in with the service tech in the passenger seat. Walk up to the desk with the tech and those ever so familiar words are uttered,"There are rattles coming from the front center speaker area, the rear deck, the a-pillar, the driver side air vent, the passenger side area vent, the passenger side door panel, the shifter trim, the sunroof,..........................I could go on for ever. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!! Maybe you have more patience than I do.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Royal Flush

Originally Posted by PDXTL
The rattles from this car will never stop. My TL was in for service for over 38 days in the last year, and has more rattles now than the first time I took it in. I won't even get into the bluetooth can and string system. I envy those TL owners on this site that have relatively rattle free TL's. If I was lucky enough to have one I would have been a very happy man. I finally reached my breaking point and traded my '05 TL in on a '06 MDX. You can continue to fight the power, or you can cut bait. Acura built an unbelievable car for the money. Unfortunately the interior quality is a big steaming pile of feces. Guess I shouldn't have been such a cheap bastard and bought the the BMW. Lesson learned. I empathize with all you TL owners everytime I go to the service department and see you driving in with the service tech in the passenger seat. Walk up to the desk with the tech and those ever so familiar words are uttered,"There are rattles coming from the front center speaker area, the rear deck, the a-pillar, the driver side air vent, the passenger side area vent, the passenger side door panel, the shifter trim, the sunroof,..........................I could go on for ever. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!! Maybe you have more patience than I do.

I fought the good fight right to my local Lexus dealer. My IS 350 will be in sometime in mid-July. Can't wait! Great deal all around on the trade and the new IS. I was the 3rd 3G TL owner this month to trade in a TL there.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Republican TL
I fought the good fight right to my local Lexus dealer. My IS 350 will be in sometime in mid-July. Can't wait! Great deal all around on the trade and the new IS. I was the 3rd 3G TL owner this month to trade in a TL there.
Wow I envy you. I promised my wife I would keep the car for another 2 years, rattles and all. Good luck with the IS
Old 06-12-2006, 10:17 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Melny
Wow I envy you. I promised my wife I would keep the car for another 2 years, rattles and all. Good luck with the IS
Melny,

I had a '05 w/o navi from Aug 2005 to Feb 2006. The rattles drove me nuts, traded it on a '06 w/ navi. The cars are like night and day, funny '05 was blk, '06 is silver.

I would have to tell your wife to allow you to break your promise, your mental well being depends on it.

My wife says that I'm going to go deaf from listen to music so loud. I wish that was the case or the rattles wouldn't have bother me so much.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
Melny,

I had a '05 w/o navi from Aug 2005 to Feb 2006. The rattles drove me nuts, traded it on a '06 w/ navi. The cars are like night and day, funny '05 was blk, '06 is silver.

I would have to tell your wife to allow you to break your promise, your mental well being depends on it.

My wife says that I'm going to go deaf from listen to music so loud. I wish that was the case or the rattles wouldn't have bother me so much.
Heh I can tell my wife that, but she'll tell me to seek therapy. I'm trying very hard to ignore the rattles, but they seem to overcome the music no matter how loud I make it. Oh well.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Royal Flush

Originally Posted by Melny

Yeah I'm single so I have no one to answer too for my impulse buys and trips to AC to play poker.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Royal Flush

To add,

It's a shame the TL is so poorly assembled (or not designed correctly.) I really liked the car if not for the numerous rattles. The powertrain is fantastic as is the ride and overall looks. But seemingly every day I get new rattles, and my car only has 18,000 miles on it. I can see having a dozen rattles if I had 70-80k and drove over potholed roads all the time, but I have had rattles since day one. Its as if the car was assembled with Elmer's glue. The only time I don't hear them is when I am cranking up the tunes, but that gets old after a while, as I really like listening to talk radio. And I have brought the car in many times to get these rattles handled but to no avail. So rather than get pissed off driving a TL that seems to be sending me Morse code as I drive, I traded it.

I purposely asked the Lexus salesman to find me an IS with more than 10k miles on it so I can drive it. No rattles. None. And its leather seats still look like new, unlike my "Ack."

If anyone doesn't like their TL, and I know there are plenty that do not, because the quality is not up to Acura specs, I would trade it and feel better about it, even if you lose out a bit. Why live with these rattles in a brand new car and get pissed off as you drive? You cannot win against a dealer. These techs with their "unable to duplicate customer complaint" will just get you even more annoyed if you try to get the rattles fixed. That's my 2 cents. I hope your Acura gets better, but if not I would unload it. It's not right to have a new car that communicates with you in Morse code.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:12 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Consumer Reports TL Reliability History

and features of current 3G TL

Body Integrity - RATTLES, SQUEAKS, ETC