Problem with 2007 Acura TL Tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 02:03 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with 2007 Acura TL Tranny?

While I was driving I came to a stop and while my car was in drive I held down the brake and took of my VSA, I was pushing on the gas at the same time and my car was going past 2000rpms. I left off the break and did a burnout as I floored the car, I stopped after 2 seconds. When I tried it later about 30 minutes or so. I was hit the gas but it wouldn't go past 2000rpms. I even floored it and it stayed at 2000rpms. When I was driving the car it drove just like normal I gave it gas still had power nothing felt different. When I was on the highway I was driving and decided to put it in manual mode and while I was in 5th gear I floored it and it accelerated poorly. Put when I took it out of manual mood it accelerated like normal. Please Help I have a Acura TL 2007. Is this a Tranny problem?
Old 11-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
My first question is why are you trying to burn out in a front wheel drive car. My second question is why you trying to do a burnout in a front wheel drive car. Do you have check engine light or steady on VSA light. You said your car is accelerating normally later. You also stated that when you're in manual mode on the freeway and put the card in the floor it accelerated slower than normal. That would be normal for having your car in manual mode in 5th gear on the freeway as your car will not downshift. I suspect is that by trying to do a burnout you put your car in limp mode inadvertently. I also have a third question. Why are you burning out in a front wheel drive car.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I learned from my mistakes, no engine lights or anything of that sort. What is Limp Mode and how can I fix this?
Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Limp mode is the cars way of protecting itself against damage. With that being said you said you have no check engine lights or VSA light. When you shut off the car and restart it is it still doing the same thing.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Instructor

If it is still doing the same thing you can disconnect the battery for 10 to 15 minutes. When you disconnect the battery and reconnect it you will need to put in the radio code. So make sure you have it. You may be able to find your radio code inside the glove box or on the side of the glove box it is definitely on the side of the radio though. But that would mean you would have to pull out your radio which is a little bit of a pita. You can also contact Honda and give them your VIN number they will give you the radio code. If disconnecting the battery does not fix the problem I would keep it simple stupid and check tranny fluid levels.