Power surge, bad gas milage, car won't start on first crank.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:49 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power surge, bad gas milage, car won't start on first crank.

Hello
I have 3G TL and for some time I start experiencing loss of power (specially when car is warm) worse gas milage than before and also it won't start on the first crank byt it will on the secod. There is no check engine light nor any codes. I replace ATF 3 times in past year after I bought a car so it's in correct level and clean. I replace throttle position sensor I cleaned MAF sensor. I'm thinking about cleaning egr ports and egr valve along with intake manifold but I doubt it's the issue since there is no codes present.
Car has excellent throttle response and torque when cold but as it warms up it feels sluggish and when you press throttle you would expect steady acceleration but you can feel power surges instead. Car isn't overheating or anything.
I'm not sure if all recent symptoms are related to the same issue.
I'm thinking about checking torque converter but torque converter wouldn't exain not being able to start from first crank. I'm thinking it's a air fuel ratio issue but honestly not sure where to look anymore.
Any input would be highly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
There are threads on resetting the ECU. Suggest you try that first. Also Seafoam the fuel and injectors. Cheap treatment.

ECU link: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-happy-747662/

Last edited by candrews; 06-02-2016 at 09:03 PM.