Possible Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
Possible Electrical problem

So, last night I drove out to Queens NY for a friends birthday dinner which is about an 80 mile drive.
PA-NY

It was raining cats and dogs the entire drive.
As im driving, I noticed my dash lights began to maximize in its illumination and then minimize. It was doing that a few times every couple minutes or so.
At that point, i noticed my wipers ( on intermittent ) didnt funtion. I turned it once notch to speed them up and it worked.
Long story short, that went on for about 20 minutes.

I eventually get to my friends house. I lock the car, and not about 2 minutes later my alarm goes off.
Seems, rear passenger door stays ajar, when its not.

I searched and found few threads with no resolution to OP's question.

Eventually, the door ajar message went away but returned when my alarm was blaring at 5am.

Can't lock car since it thinks door is open. Woke up this morning and went to dealership to buy door switch.
Low and behold its not the switch thats the problem.

this seems to be intermittent. Where the door ajar message pops up on my cluster. Only effecting RR door.
Im definitely leaning towards my windshield maybe needing to be resealed. I had it replaced this past summer, 6 months ago.

based on my troubleshooting, i've narrowed it down to the multiplex integrated control system ( MICS ) possibly getting wet.
since it functions my wipers, alarm, door sensor, whats the likely hood that it may have been damaged?

btw...I couldnt see any water marks or wet carpet or anything to indicate water did get in there.

ive been using this Prestone De-ICer windshield fluid that you basically spray on a frosted window. Wait 5 seconds, turn on your wiper and it takes it right off.
Wonder if whatever chemicals in it damaged my windshield seal.

here's the best part. I also picked up a new set of front lower control arms since my existing bushings are now shot. paid 250 for entirely new oem ones from a friend.
The following users liked this post:
bibik (01-05-2023)
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
So, last night I drove out to Queens NY for a friends birthday dinner which is about an 80 mile drive.
PA-NY

It was raining cats and dogs the entire drive.
As im driving, I noticed my dash lights began to maximize in its illumination and then minimize. It was doing that a few times every couple minutes or so.
At that point, i noticed my wipers ( on intermittent ) didnt funtion. I turned it once notch to speed them up and it worked.
Long story short, that went on for about 20 minutes.

I get to my friends house. I lock the car, and not about 2 minutes later my alarm goes off.
Seems, rear passenger door stays ajar, when its not.

I searched and found few threads with no resolution to OP's question.

Eventually, the door ajar message went away but returned when my alarm was blaring at 5am.

Can't lock car since it thinks door is open. Woke up this morning and went to dealership to buy door switch.
Low and behold its not the switch thats the problem.

this seems to be intermittent. Where the door ajar message pops up on my cluster. Only effecting RR door.
Im definitely leaning towards my windshield maybe needing to be resealed. I had it replaced this past summer, 6 months ago.

based on my troubleshooting, i've narrowed it down to the multiplex integrated control system ( MICS ) possibly getting wet.
since it functions my wipers, alarm, door sensor, whats the likely hood that it may have been damaged?

btw...I couldnt see any water marks or wet carpet or anything to indicate water did get in there.

ive been using this Prestone De-ICer windshield fluid that you basically spray on a frosted window. Wait 5 seconds, turn on your wiper and it takes it right off.
Wonder if whatever chemicals in it damaged my windshield seal.

here's the best part. I also picked up a new set of front lower control arms since my existing bushings are now shot. paid 250 for entirely new oem ones from a friend.
this person experienced the same thing but followed up to
note if he did fix it

http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/foru...ys-open-38484/

I banged the kick panel, where fuse is located with my hand and it seemed to turn on/off the door message ajar with each smach.

makes me wonder if water entered through the door seal when water splashed.

Last edited by flyromeo3; 01-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

i was able to latch driver seat belt which no longer shows my RR door is ajar. hmm...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

bump?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

so i removed the a-pillar cover and poured some water into my sunroof drain.
Doesnt seem that drain is blocked...good.
I then took a look at the seam of the windshield between frame and glue.
When I press my finger up onto the glass near the top edge it seems to move outwards a bit. I doubt thats supposed to happen. im taking it tomorrow to get the windshield resealed.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
MeelzJaw Auto Service

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
keep us updated
we are all curious to know
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Windshield was resealed Tuesday afternoon.
So far, my door ajar display hasn't turned on giving me a false indication my R.R door is open.

Truly hope it was just a temporary thing with water getting onto a wire and it dried itself out.

since I did order a fusebox/MICU...maybe i'll take it apart just to get a better understanding of its functions.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just to add an update for those who may encounter a similar problem.
Resealing the windshield did fix this for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by flyromeo3:
jroca (03-30-2017), justinseth (08-09-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
perfect! thanks man!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm having the same problem as I'm typing right now. It's pouring over here as I'm typing & my alarm went off twice. I had the chance to check the fuse box and it had water around the back side of it. When it went off the first time I googled the issue and it brought me here, I went back to my car and turned it on and I didn't have the message on my dash saying "Door Open" but when it went off the second time I turned the car on and boom! Saw the message saying my back door was open when it was shut! And when I would open my driver door it would say both left doors are opened!!.. when I buckled my seatbelt the messages went completely away but when I unbuckled the seat it went back to the same messages!!.. I did get my window replaced back in February by Safelite and I still have it under warranty because I'm sure I have a leak coming from the driver side because everyone that has this issue has had their windshield replaced just like the OP!!.. it's Friday right now and will have to wait until Wednesday so they can fix my window seal.. but my question is does the fuse box dry out in it's own or did you guys dried it yourselfs?! I can't stand this shit I cannot have a electrical issue on my car right now and especially leaving my door unlocked has me paranoid... what did you guys do to fix the messages?!?