Pictures of the Problems with my TL (56k Beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 AM
To punish and enslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of the Problems with my TL (56k Beware)

I have not caused any of these or know who the hell did. Daily driver of this car is my mom and I'm guessing this all came from her work or everyday errands places.

Melted leather? Have no idea how this happened.

2 inch cut into the leather. Have no idea how this happened.

Dent on fender. Have no idea how this happened.

Deep cut in the rear. My sister didn't lift the tennis ball holder high enough.

Paint trade? Have no idea how this happened.

Same as above.

Gap. Wasn't there when we got the TL but I guess all the scraping made this happen.

Rim scratches from curb. Mom couldn't park.

Same as above.

I just wanted to share what I have and if there any cheap solutions on how to fix any of these things, please post.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Holy crap - Mom can't drive!! Or she simply does not give a 'F' about a 32K car! Damn - what a mess.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a shame!
Mom needs a 5 year old accord to beat up in parking lots and on kerbs.

The car looks like its 6 year old.

I would NOT bother to fix it, it will just get more dents, scrapes, etc.

I dont know about the leather, maybe go back to the dealers about that,
is this car a 2005 TL?
I know japanese leather is crap, but thats BAD!

Brett
Old 07-26-2005, 09:04 AM
I6

The "paint trade" you are talking about is from passengers' shoes when they are getting out of the back seat.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Perhaps you shouldn't have let mom use the car...that amount of abuse (or lack of consideration) is unbelievable! As Brettg said, don't bother fixing anything...no point...won't stay fixed long...

Sorry to see that, though...it's still a great car to drive, and the color is great!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Peach Tea

i think it's time to take the car away from mommy.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Racer

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!!!! That is ridiculous!!! I know it's rude to tell Moms what they're not suppose to do, etc... However, if that were MY car i would have to let her know that you're not stepping foot in my $35k car unless you're getting in the back seat to ride! Those rims look TERRIBLE!!!!

About the leather, i would take that to the dealer. What year is the car?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:20 PM
To punish and enslave

Actually my mom is one of the best manual drivers and parkers I have ever seen. The rims were scratched a few weeks later. I guess she got too confident and messed up, but since then never made a mistake. She also shifts like a GT champion, and she taught me the same way. It's 2004 6sp by the way.

I can actually live with it until next year when we get the 2006 TL. You can barely see the problems (except for the rims) so I wouldn't mind having them until next year.

I get to choose what kind of TL I want this time and I would be the daily driver of it since I'm getting my license next month. I'd baby it like a Ferrari.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Maybe I'm off base here since I don't know "mums"....but ....
I'm betting mom pretty easily affords the TL. In my experience folks that can more easily afford to own nice normal production cars (not exotics) usually are less concerned with it than those who had to stretch financially to get it. They will take the car to places you and I might not because "what the heck, it is insured". They will also tolerate blemishes in the car because "it's just a car after all" They probably get new cars pretty regularly. Some, I hate to say are simply more advanced beings. They realize it is just a material possession and can't compare to other truly important things.

On the other hand I get a car infrequently and can't afford the "bath" I'd take if it got stolen. Much worse, I'm materialistic. If damaged then I need to live with that for many years. Therefore I get really worked up if it gets stolen or damaged.

Just my Nobody take it too seriously and get worked up
Old 07-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, thats the thing with new cars, there are dents, scrapes, ground down
rims just waiting to happen...

Nothing stays new forever...

Some of the damage will likely wax out, the dealers should fix the leather,
forget about the rims, they are to expensive to replace every year...

My wife cristened our car, 4 weeks old and she got the mirror on the garage opening, removing a 1 by 1 inch piece of paint from it.

Lucky they fold forward and back, otherwise it would have got ripped off.

Brett
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Racer

I 2nd what Adobeman said. I'm the same way as far as taking care of my things because i'm not able to afford a brand new car whenever i get ready for it. I'll be 23 next month and picked up my 05TL on last night. When i had my 01 3.2CL-S i took care of that like it was a brand new car. And i minded where i parked, etc... So now that i actually have a "BRAND NEW CAR" i'm going to definitely take care of it as much as i can! Even more so that it's one HECK of a car and i want it to stay clean and kept up as much as possible. That's just how i am so i definitely can relate to what he was saying.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

dam, what a shame man... dont want to diss ur mom, but dude-she's gotta get here priorities straight man, if her work is gonna fuck up the car- then she's gotta stop working, right?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Advanced

get her a lexus rx300, they seems to be pretty good beat em up cars. Well at least a lot of women own them and women for the most part seem to not car about their car. I live in a wealthy neighborhood and every nice merc or bmw is driven by a woman. And god knows they cant drive them properly. Oh yea about the problem, try polishing and waxing the bejesus out of it. And use meguirs, and make it monthly. that should help.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro

your mom payed for the car, right? then let her do whatever the hell she wants to it. i too get nervous when one of my parents parks it too close to a curb, or slams the door too hard, but its their car, their investment, and neither of us can say shit about it
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Racer

The dent in the fender is from rock chips/debris on the highway. I got one in the back side of the TL just like that....Like they said, nothing stays NEW forever. Even if you were careful, you got others that don't....
Old 07-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Dang.

Originally Posted by Sarushibai
get her a lexus rx300, they seems to be pretty good beat em up cars. Well at least a lot of women own them and women for the most part seem to not car about their car. I live in a wealthy neighborhood and every nice merc or bmw is driven by a woman. And god knows they cant drive them properly. Oh yea about the problem, try polishing and waxing the bejesus out of it. And use meguirs, and make it monthly. that should help.
heyhey...easy on the women driver comments.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 AM
Drifting

Sorry to see all the damage to your car. For such a new car it's really taken a beating.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered Lunatic

The thought of my mother driving my new '05TL made my decision about the transmission that much easier. She can only drive automatic (likewise for my siblings), so the added benefit of a 6MT is that now only my father and I can drive the new ride. :^)

I love my mummy dearly, but she *IS* the reason my parents' insurance rates are so high....
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't comment on the damage to your/or your mom's car but here we have been properly educated and nobody borrow's cars period as an accident is just to quick to happen and the results are just not worth it overall when it leaves bad omen between family members or friends.

A few of my customers want me to try their car out but I always tell them to drive and I'll seat in the passenger seat to prevent these scenarios from happening as this is not something I can expose myself to.

just my

frenchnew