Passenger's Door handle rattling!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger's Door handle rattling!

I fix one rattling problem and another one starts!

Now I have this really annoying rattle coming from my front passenger's door handle. If my passenger pulls on the handle towards him/her, the rattle stops. If left alone, the rattling never spots while driving.

How can I fix this guys? anyone else have a similar situation?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_BLUE
I fix one rattling problem and another one starts!

Now I have this really annoying rattle coming from my front passenger's door handle. If my passenger pulls on the handle towards him/her, the rattle stops. If left alone, the rattling never spots while driving.

How can I fix this guys? anyone else have a similar situation?
Hello again TL Blue,
I just posted on your headliner issue.. Hang in there with the rattles. Unfortunately some of our TL's generate more than others... -- But most can be fixed with ease or worse case a trip to the dealer.
As for the door handle, I haven't experienced that one. You say it stops when someone pulls the handle a bit..? Is the rattle right at the handle or is it possibly part of the linkage attached to the handle within the door..? Take a drive, possibly with a friend/wife driving so you can sit in the P-seat and perform a little rattle "investigation".. This way you can really look and listen without worrying about paying attention to the road... Hopefully you will find a fairly easy remedy, or at least be better equipped to speak smartly when describing the issue to your service dept.

Best of luck
Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 AM
tTLiang

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Hello again TL Blue,
I just posted on your headliner issue.. Hang in there with the rattles. Unfortunately some of our TL's generate more than others... -- But most can be fixed with ease or worse case a trip to the dealer.
As for the door handle, I haven't experienced that one. You say it stops when someone pulls the handle a bit..? Is the rattle right at the handle or is it possibly part of the linkage attached to the handle within the door..? Take a drive, possibly with a friend/wife driving so you can sit in the P-seat and perform a little rattle "investigation".. This way you can really look and listen without worrying about paying attention to the road... Hopefully you will find a fairly easy remedy, or at least be better equipped to speak smartly when describing the issue to your service dept.

Best of luck

i looked at my car and these possible things are what i came up with. just trying to help. nothing for sure.

- it could be window rubber seals - apply lube on all windows and door seal including tiny one between the window and the door frame. (use armor all etc)

- it could be where two inside door panels meet. you know that silver strip right below the window where it meets the upper door panel(i have blk int.). - use a tooth pick or small cloth tip to dip/touch up armor-all across the seam or any other suspects.

hope this helps. i am an engineer. troubleshootings interest me and bug me at the same time. let us know. this could benefit others who got similar problems.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Instructor

hey guys!! thanks to both of you for posting, I will continue trying to resolve these two new noises in my car.

I tell you, having to deal with a not-so-quiet interior COMPLETELY ruins the experience of owning this very nice car.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL_BLUE
hey guys!! thanks to both of you for posting, I will continue trying to resolve these two new noises in my car.

I tell you, having to deal with a not-so-quiet interior COMPLETELY ruins the experience of owning this very nice car.
Completely agree with you.
TL rattles inside.
I started to look to Audi A6. I know it costs 12-14 K more, but at least people drive A6 without music on and can hear each other. TL rattles as cheap plastic box.
When I drive with my friend I must turn music on, otherwise me and him listen to rattles of TL
Old 11-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Its a really shame... I think the biggest possible reasons for the rattles is:

1. It is very possible that Acura used CHEAP plastic materials and/or cheap adhesive methods to put the interior of the TL together. During the extreme weather conditions, these materials mutate and I think that is part of the reason for this problem.

I diagnosed my door rattle problem, the foundation that the handle is attached to is coming off, as if the glue holding it together is drying out or something. So you can push into the door handle and it goes in quite a bit and you can also pull on it and it will move the entire door panel from the inside. Very cheap!!! My driver's side is the complete opposite though, very ridid and firm.

Then I have a snap, crackle pop noise coming from the above the head area of my front passenger's side. Like right above the seat beat area here... every bump u go over, or driving over a non-smooth road causes a snap, crackle pop noise to emulate from that area.

I am gonna go in very soon and not take the car back until these two problems are solved. I am not enjoying my TL at all.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:51 PM
tTLiang

if this is any support, i hope you can get these two problems fiexed soon. the rest of us enjoy our TL very much i believe. hope you can too.