Passenger-Side Auto mirror possessed

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger-Side Auto mirror possessed

Hello All,

Problem : Passenger side mirror, SHOULD automatically swivel down in reverse and automatically adjust between memory 1 and 2 presets, however if any of the prior options are initiated, instead the mirror moves inward as if my hand was constantly pushing in the left toggle switch that you use to manually adjust the mirror and then once it reaches the maximum it starts "twitching" as if it will pop out.

Before the above problem i noticed it would click constantly when i put it in reverse and i did the quick fix by manually pushing up on the mirror and moving it upward three clicks which solved the problem for a month before it began again and i'm guessing developed into this problem.

Appointment w/dealer tomorrow and have a concern about warranty
:

1) I have brought my car to the dealer in the past, because my A/C fan was stuck in a single speed position and would not increase or decrease! They tried to tell me my sound system was somehow causing the problem, in that case i then brought it to another dealer and they told me it was a transistor! I have an auto start system which initially i thought could have caused the problem, i went to the owner of the shop that installed it and he guaranteed me that as long as i didn't play with any features of the alarm (WHICH I NEVER DID) it cannot interfere with factory memory settings. Should i be worried? He even said that if they give me a problem he'll come with me to the dealer and explain that it cannot interfere with the memory settings.

I obviously am gonna mask the auto start system as much as possible however has anyone ever had this problem before? Hopefully someone could shed some light on what it may be?

Thanks Guys