Odd issue with Navi buttons (Audio and Zoom Out)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd issue with Navi buttons (Audio and Zoom Out)

This is the oddest thing that's happening on my 04TL... not sure if it's related to Dom's conversion kit that I have installed.

Basically, of the buttons below the navi screen, SOMETIMES my "audio" and "zoom out" (those two exactly) buttons don't work. only those two. zoom in works, cancel works, etc... the odd thing is, this will go on and off... i could be parked, trying to hit the audio key and it doesn't work... i keep randomly pressing the other keys and all of a sudden it starts working again.

anyone have anything similar? this is really odd to me as it seems completely arbitrary as to when it will and won't work.

also, when the zoom out button doesnt work, the voice command for zoom out still works.

I thought at first this might have to do with my navi hacks, but I reloaded the original firmware and it still happens.

Any ideas for me to try? Thanks guys.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
3rd Gear

Wink Same car same issue

i HAVE BEGUN TO THINK IT MIGHT BE A SPIRITUAL THING.....I have the same issue zoom and audio....sometimes when my kids or sister have been in town and driven my car (alone) and when i get back into drive it works again - and then when I ask what they did they tell me they just punched at the buttons like a crazy person (GREAT!!)....not sure what the issue is. the only factor i find that makes it QUIT working is when I have done alot of navi input. sometimes it starts working again after I detail the inside of the car - hence the spiritual issue...i am far from a motor head....perhaps it is an intermittent electrical issue and needs a replacement of a part/fuse? if so which one? trouble shooting at the dealer sounds expensive so if you have gotten anywhere on this issue I would love to hear from you!!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear

but i have not done any conversion kit - just upgraded the DVD to the 2010

forgot to add that i didn't do anything aftermarket except upgrade the navi dvd from acura
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow2004
forgot to add that i didn't do anything aftermarket except upgrade the navi dvd from acura
I have seen this problem several times before. If you toggle up or down on the curser button in center they will start working again. When you touch the curser in a certain direction again they will stop. So when this happens move the curser up or down and they should work again. As far as a fix the dealer will tell you it is the rear navigation drive in the trunk or the navigation display unit. It is neither it is a bad batch of the lower button console that shorts out over time. I think it is a defective (pbc) printed circuit board but anyways to fix it you need to buy a button cluster off ebay. LQK or other parts store on there sell broken cracked screen for cheap and you take them apart and remove the button cluster and install it in yours. You do have to remove the center console 2 side panels and top vent subdisplay to get to the navi screen there are wright ups on here on how to do that. Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this happens to my tl too. i usually just turn it off and turn it back on and it usually works again