Not Happy AC Unit GONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Sundevil TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Happy AC Unit GONE

Ok so I get my 05 Black TL 6 Speed 3 days ago with a 100 miles on it and I got a smoking deal. Yesterday I notice the AC does not seem to be blowing very cold air. I am new to the BLING BLING digital auto temp controls so I figure I am doing something wrong but nope I take it to the dealer today and they tell me that then need to replace the compressor, coils and a few other things. Ok now I am mad but it gets worse I am talking to the tech to ask him WTF and he tell me it was the second time it has been in the shop for the same problem...WTF. I was not told when I bough the car that there had ever been anything wrong with it. So my question to everyone is, "has anyone had this same problem and what free shit can I get from the dealership for the BS"? But I still love my car and I miss it ... but I need retribution!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Advanced

so yours was CPO or new?

I dont know of anything you can get. I just had a friend buy a new truck and two weeks later she got a new transmission.....stuff happens unfortunately!

Sorry about your loss, but you will have a chilly new AC unit when she comes back....
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Sundevil TL

Brand New .. only had 100 miles still fighting with the dealership tring to get a free spoiler out of it :-)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by babingha
Brand New .. only had 100 miles still fighting with the dealership tring to get a free spoiler out of it :-)
Sorry but SCREW THAT

I had the same thing happen with a VW Jetta in 1993. Picked it up at night when it was cool. Next afternoon I turned on A/C and it didn't work. Took it to dealer shop. They told me that they had to order parts and I told them to forget it. I refused to pick the car up. Ended up talking to corporate and they agreed to order me a new one to my specs. Took them to long and I cancelled the deal in full and got me trade in back. Bought a DelSol which is sitting in front of my house now. I maintain that they should check the car and do those types of repairs prior to delivery. I don't want a (new) car that they have to order parts for on day #2.

Decide what you are willing to put up with and stick to your guns. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Sundevil TL

Ok got my car back and it was a defect from the factory a bent tube was not allowing enough freeon into the system? So they replaced the whole system but it looks like after to talking to the owner of the Acura Dealership they are going to hook me up with a spoiler for my trouble, but I will keep you all posted if that realy happens.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 AM
B A N N E D

They certainly should have hooked you up with something for your troubles. Since the dealer tech states it was the second time it was in, my guess is that the previous buyer had problem right off and brought car back and refused to buy an Acura or that one anyway. (you have 24 hours to cancel any deal like this in Indiana) The dealer then would have said...oh...here....lets just try again and given em other one off the lot and restock that one. You probably just bought it or were interested in it before they got around to fixing it or even looking into what the problem was in the first place? A new car should not have 100 miles on it. (if I understood your post right...which explains the smoking deal!)