New J-Pipe installed-now vibrations!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
Angry New J-Pipe installed-now vibrations!

Hey AZ, turning to you guys for some help as last resort. I ordered the XLR8 v2 jpipe from Josh last week and it came in the mail yesterday. I installed it the same day using all hardware provided. Problem now is intense vibration felt throughout the cabin, seats , mirror and steering wheel. Can be felt when in gear and worst when i turn on the heat/ac and fans kick on at a stop. I rechecked all bolts, hangers, reinstall and everything is tight and aligned. This morning i went to a local mechanic who specializes in hondas/acuras to double check the work. He also loosened all bolts, realigned and tighten everything back. He said the jpipe along with my catback ( comptech ) is much lighter than before so vibration is going to occur. Im out of ideas, id hate to go back to my oem jpipe but if this vibration cant get remedied then i have no choice.

Note: all engine/trans mount are like brand new (oem), they been replaced 4-5 months ago

Please help

Last edited by TWiSDiT; 10-02-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 PM

bump!

damn guess im the only one huh? just my luck
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Anyone?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 766 Likes on 551 Posts
Try putting the OEM one back on and see if the problem still occurs. If the OEM pipe fixes the problem than I would suggest contacting Josh and asking for a refund or exchange for another j-pipe maybe the one you have could be defective or faulty.

That's what I would do.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 PM
j_u
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the same problem but with the v1 j pipe with the comptech catback.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
No codes? As the driver of your own vehicle, can you tell if it's coming from the suspension/body or the engine bay? My thoughts are the hangers might be loose or even unhooked depending on who did the swap. There is a " U " bracket that holds the J to the body and sometimes those bolts break. The J pipe may be just swinging side to side.

The fact that you say it worsens at a stop when you place the A/C on etc, makes me feel like a misfire of some sort, or a clogged cat.Although this will usually trip a DTC.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Try putting the OEM one back on and see if the problem still occurs. If the OEM pipe fixes the problem than I would suggest contacting Josh and asking for a refund or exchange for another j-pipe maybe the one you have could be defective or faulty.

That's what I would do.
Probably too late now to get a refund or exchange. I spoke with him and he said the only thing that will cause my issue is metal to metal contact
Originally Posted by j_u
I have the same problem but with the v1 j pipe with the comptech catback.
Is it bareable?? I need to record a video of a half filled water bottle on the passenger seat to show how intense mine is lol..
Originally Posted by Project_CLean
No codes? As the driver of your own vehicle, can you tell if it's coming from the suspension/body or the engine bay? My thoughts are the hangers might be loose or even unhooked depending on who did the swap. There is a " U " bracket that holds the J to the body and sometimes those bolts break. The J pipe may be just swinging side to side.

The fact that you say it worsens at a stop when you place the A/C on etc, makes me feel like a misfire of some sort, or a clogged cat.Although this will usually trip a DTC.
No codes. Car runs perfectly fine with the added power produced by the jpipe. Just the vibration is driving me insane.

I'm gonna have some else take a look at it. My car had no vibrations with the oem jpipe. Worst case if I put the oem one back on and it fixes it.. Be on the look in the bm
Old 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM
j_u
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
^I get slight vibrations on the steering wheel and in the gas pedal. Sometimes it doesnt bother me but then others i just dont want to drive my car. I am going to reinstall the oem j pipe this weekend if i get some free time if not then next week. I will let you know if the problem gets solved.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by j_u
^I get slight vibrations on the steering wheel and in the gas pedal. Sometimes it doesnt bother me but then others i just dont want to drive my car. I am going to reinstall the oem j pipe this weekend if i get some free time if not then next week. I will let you know if the problem gets solved.
please do, i dont have any vibrations in the gas pedal. My car drives very smooth besides the vibration..