Need urgent help with clutch/3rd gear issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Call up acura client services and tell them of your issue. Tell them you've owned X number of honda products and have had an amazing experience with each and every one and now this one has given you such a headache. Tell them that the dealer isn't cooperating and blaming the clutch right off the back without doing any sort of diagnostics.

NEVER say that you will never buy another honda product. Tell them that look, I just want this made right. I can understand that a manual transmission's clutch is wear and tear and the car has Y miles on it. You guys fix the 3rd gear issue I'm having and I'll pay for the clutch parts or I pay 25% or something.

Talk to them and see what happens! With my Automatic, my SA talked to the regional rep and arranged a great deal for me. Honda stepped up to the plate and agreed that an auto trans shouldn't fail so early.

Be calm during the conversation and explain your fustration to them. Don't yell, don't get angry and use logical reasoning.

Lol, I did PRECISELY THAT, word by word, calm, polite, professional. I was told "I'm sorry but its up to the dealer, we can't force them". That route led to dead end. Time to break out the big iron. Just got a packet of papers from law firm that will represent me. Last time BMW did same thing it cost them $11k to me plus legal fees. Let's see what happens with Acura. Arbitrators frown upon manufacturers not keeping up their side of the bargain.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Wow, thanks to fellow AZ'ers for suggesting Elite Acura in Cherry Hill!!!!

Talked to Rich (Service Manager, very nice guy), explained the situation and he told me to bring the car in for a look-see. He was upfront and said that if they could duplicate the 3rd gear issue, they'd swap clutch at the same time as 3rd gear and I only pay for parts.

I scheduled an appointment and of course - I couldn't even start the car yesterday, it sat in my driveway since December, it wouldn't even jump start!!! Had to pull battery out of my RSX to drive the car to Elite.

Service people were very courteous and PROMPT! I was out the door with my RSX battery in hand in under 15 minutes. (WOW)

Got a call today - THEY WERE ABLE TO REPRODUCE TSB 3RD GEAR ISSUE!!!! Oh, and they also found that hands free was draining the battery, so that would be also fixed and new battery installed FREE OF CHARGE!

I'm going to have to pay $1100 for clutch parts but that's about $300 cheaper than my mechanic quoted me, plus it's done by dealer.

All in all - EXTREMELY SATISFIED so far. I should have pursued it with Elite to begin with, as was recommended on these forums.

Can't wait to get my car back, just in time for SPRING!!! SO HAPPY!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Drifting

Received 595 Likes on 444 Posts
Always nice to hear that it works out in the end. Especially when you finally found a good dealer that is open and willing to work with you through the issues. I really do believe that the dealer makes the difference.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome persistence pays off. Im glad you can enjoy your Acura Tl now
Old 04-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
I got my 3rd gear issue fixed 2 weeks ago from Bridgewater Acura.. Great Acura dealer. I had previously took my car to east Brunswick Acura. And they have horrible service advisors the manager is a d*ck..they told me my car was fine that they couldn't duplicate the problem and when I asked to take a drive with the tech they said no I can't do that. They just didn't want to fix it. Took it to Bridgewater Acura the tech duplicated it right away. They spoke with the service rep. And he got it done. If you live in Middlesex county in nj. Don't take your car to east Brunswick Acura save your time.