Need price advice +help finding correct part #s for PS pump, "rear camber arm"

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Make it so

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Question Need price advice +help finding correct part #s for PS pump, "rear camber arm"

It's registration renewal time again, and the shop said the following items failed:

1. Power Steering Pump needs replacement + flush (pump was leaking, apparently)
2. "Rear passenger camber arm" prevented correct alignment, needs replacement (I believe means the trailing arm)
3. Tire tread depth (I was already going to replace them, just a question of before or after inspection)

Part prices were way too high and they didn't show me the PS pump leak, so I'm suspicious and am taking it to a second mechanic I trust on Thursday AM to see what he says about #1 and #2.

So here are my questions (plus any research I've done):

PS pump
  1. Part number for pump?
    • At this link, I see two potential part numbers. 56110-RDA-A01 looks like a new OEM one (more expensive), but 06561-RDA-505RM looks like a remanufactured one.
    • I don't anticipate there's a decrease in quality to get the RMF one, but I just want to make sure.
    • Recall work for PS line/o-rings/etc was already done 4 1/2 years ago.
  2. Are there any aftermarket options I should consider?
  3. What's reasonable for pricing?
    • Price quotes: $470 for the pump, $121 for labor. Flush was $70 for parts (fluid?) and $55 for labor.
      • I can buy the Honda PS fluid for ~$6/bottle on Amazon, so I know they're robbing me on the fluid.
    • My "second opinion" shop lets me bring in my own parts/fluids, so I plan on using them for any work that needs to be done.
  4. How much fluid do I need?
    • Threads on AZ vary- some say 3 12oz bottles, some say as many as 6.
Rear camber arm
  1. Which part (and #) should I be looking at?
    • At this link, I think it's 52370-SEP-A02 (Arm, R Rear Trailing) which is about $63.
  2. Just like with the PS pump, are there aftermarket options?
    • I've read that the OEM Honda/Acura arms are not adjustable, but I'm just looking to replace, not upgrade (i.e. probably not an adjustable one), unless there's a good reason for it.
  3. What's a reasonable price for this part?
    • Nothing on the entire page is close to their part price except the knuckle so I know I can do better.
    • It's possible I could be looking at the wrong part diagram to begin with. Correct me if I'm totally off course here.

Rear arm, if it needs to be replaced, will go on before the new tires (obviously). I'm ordering the new tires today from TireRack.

I'm hoping that between my second mechanic and AZ's collective wisdom I'll be able to avoid unnecessary work or money.

(I would DIY some of this but my next few weekends will be spent down in South Texas to help with flood/disaster cleanups. My registration will expire before I'm free again).

Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:11 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
they didn't show me the PS pump leak, so I'm suspicious and am taking it to a second mechanic I trust on Thursday AM to see what he says
Did you ever get resolution on this? Was it leaking and what was the cause?

I'm seeing the same part numbers. RM is remanufactured and, all else equal, should be fine.