Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help

Whas up guys

I need some help here. I have a 2006 TL bought brand new, now has 64000 miles. I just had tires changed on it and the dealership did the whole multi point inspection checked tranny fluid n what not and all came back good. Well not even 1000 miles later I go to Honda to get oil changed and they tell me my tranny fluid is very dirty n needs to be changed. I said impossible I had it done within the last yr at Acura. So I checked my records n it was done the summer of 2011 so a little over a yr ago.

Do you suppose to changed it every yr? Cuz I drive about 10k miles a yr and 75% highway and if I'm not mistaken the owner manual calls for every 30k miles. I need to know cuz one of these stealer ships lied to me...which one is the question now?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I would look at the last time you changed the tranny fluid. It very easy to do yourself, just like changing the oil. Dealers will almost always lie to get you to do extra work, especially since it's a matter of opinion on what constitutes the need to change the fluid. I think if you are going to dealers for service or maintenance then you should expect to pay a premium and most of the time be told unnecessary things are needed. If you are worried about paying for things you don't need and being lied to, going to the dealer is a bad idea. When you take labor out of the equation the quality of product used on the car will almost always be better, since you can buy quality products instead of paying a premium for bottom of the barrel stuff most places use. The TL doesn't call for synthetic fluids, so the dealer can use whatever cheap oil they want and charge $120 for it. You have made the right decision coming to this forum, now start doing some of the maintenance yourself if not to save money then to ensure quality items are used in the maintenance of your car. I have never been back to the dealer since I picked the car. It's Honda and should mostly only need maintenance you can do. I am happy to answer any questions you have, either here or by PM.

Originally Posted by futrTLowner
Whas up guys

I need some help here. I have a 2006 TL bought brand new, now has 64000 miles. I just had tires changed on it and the dealership did the whole multi point inspection checked tranny fluid n what not and all came back good. Well not even 1000 miles later I go to Honda to get oil changed and they tell me my tranny fluid is very dirty n needs to be changed. I said impossible I had it done within the last yr at Acura. So I checked my records n it was done the summer of 2011 so a little over a yr ago.

Do you suppose to changed it every yr? Cuz I drive about 10k miles a yr and 75% highway and if I'm not mistaken the owner manual calls for every 30k miles. I need to know cuz one of these stealer ships lied to me...which one is the question now?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reply.
Ya I'm most likely gonna start doing simple maintenance myself after this whole deal...but my gripe is if a dealer is gonna lie don't make it obvious. 1000 miles ago Acura said my tranny fluid was good now Honda sayin it needs to be replaced? And on top of that I had the tranny fluid changed a yr ago at Acura so about 10-12k miles ago.
So this makes me wonder two things...did Acura really didn't change the tranny fluid n charge me for it or Honda is bs'in me to get some extra work n money? These dealserships all wanna have great ratings n customer service quality...well one of them is gonna have a huge complaint when I figure out who lied.