My TPMS experience - YI dash cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My TPMS experience - YI dash cam

2007 Acura TL, 195,000 miles
Thank you Acurazine for this forum to address issues like this to share problems and resolutions with fellow Acura owners.
My TPMS alert came on Friday morning September 8, 2017 driving home. The message said "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM"
I paged through the menu to where the TPMS sub menu is and message says "SYSTEM FUNCTION ERROR"
Going to where the graphic of the car with the pressure reading of each tire, it showed a pair of "--" for each corner.
I did a search engine of this issue and it was a topic of this site that helped me realize it was possibly a radio frequency interference issue because the senders in each wheel use radio signals to report status to the monitor. This problem has never appeared before since I owned this car for 2 years. Then I remember installing a dash cam that emits a WIFI signal. The device is a YI smart dash camera model YCS.1015.INT. I turned off the WIFI feature of the camera and the alert disappeared after driving a few miles in town. Error has not come back since. Hope this can help someone else with similar circumstances.
Attached Thumbnails My TPMS experience - YI dash cam-tpms1.jpg   My TPMS experience - YI dash cam-tpms2.jpg   My TPMS experience - YI dash cam-tpms3.jpg  
Old 09-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,578 Likes on 6,628 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the data point!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last Sunday October 29, the TPMS message came on and stayed on. I unplugged everything from the cigarette lighters and couldn't get rid of it. I weighed all the ways I could possibly do it myself & came up nil. Before the system quit on me all together, the left front sensor was reporting 58psi when it was actually around 36, so I figured that was the one that was failing. If I bought a replacement sensor, I would need to get the tire off the rim to get it installed. Then the sensor would need to be paired with the TPMS computer of which I don't have the equipment to do that. So I took it to the local Honda dealer and about and hour and $280 later, it was fixed.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.

Only thing tho, it was a lot of money.

You just need to take tire off the rim and install new sensor. Pairing it with car is 5 min job. You can get sensor online for around $40. Shop that I'm working in charges $22 for that job (that's how much for tire repair, and changing sensor is same amount of work), plus cost of the sensor.

Even if you would buy sensor from the shop, which are really overpriced BTW, it would be $150 max.