Memory Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memory Seat

The drivers memory seat seems to be intermittent. It happenes with both driver one and driver two. The dash indicates the correct driver, the mirrors etc all work but the seat does not move. The dealer replaced the seat module but it still intermittently does not move. Has anyone else had this same problem?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I had this same issue and I think I've got it figured out. If you make any adjustments to the seat after it positions itself from memory you will notice that the memory button light goes out. For some reason it retains this position and the auto memory function via the key fob no longer works. I haven't done a thorough test based on this so I may be incorrect. I'll test this scenario later today and let you know what I find out.

On a side note being able to control whether or not the seat moves into position when I unlock the car would be nice.
I carry key fob #1 and have the seat memory set to slide back quite a way when I unlock the car to facilitate entry. Once I'm seated I select position #2 and the seat repositions itself to where I like it for driving. I also leave it in that position when I exit the car. It doesn't move back to position #1 until I unlock the car with the fob and open the door.
If I am carrying a couple of passengers I usually open the rear door for anyone sitting behind me. Once they're in and I open the drivers door the seat begins to move back towards them.
Being able to prevent that from happening would be nice. If "bumping" the seat position manually before exiting the car would allow that it would be pretty cool.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
now with four rings

i had a similar problem where the memory seat wouldn't remember my settings...had the ECU for the electrical system in the car replaced and everything has worked fine since then...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Cruisin'

I tried manually moving the seat and the light did go out. I then locked and opened the door with alternate remotes and the seat went back to the correct memory position for that remote. It sounded like you may have been on to something. Maybe the ECU will fix it.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah, I did the same thing today and got the same results. It's nice to know that everything is working as it should however it would have been nice to be able to disable that particular function if one desires. Oh well.
I do remember the seat not moving once or twice while getting into the car. Maybe it was due to something else I did, who knows. I'll watch carefully for this to happen again and post results when and if it does.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Instructor

same problem in my 04 tl. they replaced the seat memory control module and i havent had a problem in 3 months. dealer mentioned that there is a service bulletin for this, but apparently my vin was out of range for the TSB. either way they thought theyd try to replace it and sure enough, as i mentioned it solved it for me, so dont let them tell you your vin is out of range. lucky for me i was just nearing the end of my bumper to bumper warranty.