Left Mirror and Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Left Mirror and Audio System

I have a 2004 Acura TL and I just got it about 1-year ago and I have some questions. The first thing I want to address is the mirror on the driver side door. The whole fixture shakes when I am going down the road and that results in a squeaky sound coming in through the door. Its not a big issue but I really want to get it fixed because I hate that sound and Im afraid it will fall off sooner or later. Secondly, my radio has some issues with the speakers balance. For example, when I go into the audio control and set the balance to 0, the sound is louder on the right side and I have to keep the balance at Left 5 for the sound to be even on both sides. I have figured it out that the front speakers on the left side are the ones that are having these issues. When I change the fade to the back speakers only, the sound comes out evenly on both sides on the back. These are just two of the issues I want to get addressed for now because they are the biggest annoyances of mine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the door speaker... and tighten up the mirror. I believe you can get to the mirror nuts by taking the door panel off. There's 2-3 screws and then the rest of the panel just snaps into the door. I'm sure theres a DIY somewhere.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:36 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by bp_spets
Sounds like you need to replace the door speaker... and tighten up the mirror. I believe you can get to the mirror nuts by taking the door panel off. There's 2-3 screws and then the rest of the panel just snaps into the door. I'm sure theres a DIY somewhere.
Well, the speaker still works. The problem is that the volume is so low where I have to change the balance to equal out the sound coming from both sides.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 PM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
It sounds to me like an amp problem.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
That's weird. I've noticed my door speakers have the same issue but I think mine is less noticeable than yours. I always attributed it to the non-uniform distance they are to my face. I never listened to them from the back seat with my head in between the headrests. I think I'll try that next time I notice it. And get a second opinion from someone else (without telling them what they're listening for).
Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Vlad_Type_S
That's weird. I've noticed my door speakers have the same issue but I think mine is less noticeable than yours. I always attributed it to the non-uniform distance they are to my face. I never listened to them from the back seat with my head in between the headrests. I think I'll try that next time I notice it. And get a second opinion from someone else (without telling them what they're listening for).
Yeah, Its really weird. My car gradually got worse and worse. I think I might get the Amp checked this weekend and if it is a reasonable price, I will get it fixed.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by masterpdawg
I have a 2004 Acura TL and I just got it about 1-year ago and I have some questions. The first thing I want to address is the mirror on the driver side door. The whole fixture shakes when I am going down the road and that results in a squeaky sound coming in through the door. Its not a big issue but I really want to get it fixed because I hate that sound and Im afraid it will fall off sooner or later. Secondly, my radio has some issues with the speakers balance. For example, when I go into the audio control and set the balance to 0, the sound is louder on the right side and I have to keep the balance at Left 5 for the sound to be even on both sides. I have figured it out that the front speakers on the left side are the ones that are having these issues. When I change the fade to the back speakers only, the sound comes out evenly on both sides on the back. These are just two of the issues I want to get addressed for now because they are the biggest annoyances of mine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same annoying squeak from my driver side mirror. But I believe its the housing thats creating my squeak.

I adjusted and tightened the mirror glass, but continue to hear a squeak from there, I plan to check the bolts that hold the mirror housing in place and see if they are loose to maybe overtightened to the point that its rubbing.

for the past 2 years its been doing this and I never figured it out. But my guess is bolts need to be tightened for you troubled mirror.