Inside door won't open (Easy FIX)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Inside door won't open (Easy FIX)

Like a lot of you, I came across the interior rear door handles of my 07 TL not working. So I pulled off the door panel only to realize that there's a green clip inside and that it was broken in half. Making it not able to hold onto the cable to open the door. Either:

1) Replace the cable which comes with the green clip. (Part Number: 72631-SEP-A01). Do so by following this DIY. https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...le-rod-811177/
or
2) Get a skinny black zip tie and use the door pieces themselves to hold the broken green piece onto the bracket. Literally one black zip tie. My room mate who also had the same problem did this same thing and we've both been problem free for 2 months now. Who knows, maybe it'll work forever. You just need to make it tight!

Here is where the green clip slips into. You can also see how I looped the zip tie around the back of it. (This picture is of the right rear passenger door with the door panel off, looking at where the handle normally is).

Now this picture shows where you hook the zip tie to. It's literally just held on to the corner lip of the green clip. Make it tight and test it out and it should work for a long time!

Last edited by SkyDiv3r14; 02-21-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:37 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Duct tape, zip ties and Google ! The trinity that can solve all problems. I think that will last for a very long time. Zip ties do get brittle over time but I think sunlight, which isn't a factor here, ages them the fastest.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
My 05 passenger was like this for 3 years til i parted it out!