I need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need help

I finally installed switchbacks on my 05 TL signal light and it

went great, but after a little while driving the blinkers stop working. (As in the "amber " stops blinking.) I have the ones
that only blink amber, so when I hit the turn signal it just turns off , I make the turn and white led comes back on . Can someone plz help I installed 50 w 6 ohm resistors in the trunk on both sides
Old 11-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,754 Likes on 6,751 Posts
Remove the resistors and test to see if they still blink, if they do, bad resistors. If they don't , bad bulbs. And throw away the resistors and do the turn signal relay mod.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 180 Posts
When you decide to go aftermarket, you compromise on reliability. I imagine it is a pain in the *** to shove your hand into the headlights everytime.
The bulb itself maybe faulty, which will be a common occurence due to the lack of heat and that allows non-sealed things like LEDs to rust and fail.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Remove the resistors and test to see if they still blink, if they do, bad resistors. If they don't , bad bulbs. And throw away the resistors and do the turn signal relay mod.
Thanks thoiboi always clutch with the awnsers, will try both things tomorrow
Old 11-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WDPanda
When you decide to go aftermarket, you compromise on reliability. I imagine it is a pain in the *** to shove your hand into the headlights everytime.
The bulb itself maybe faulty, which will be a common occurence due to the lack of heat and that allows non-sealed things like LEDs to rust and fail.
yea man it is a pain, but I'm sure once I have it I will be happy with results...... until something messes up again lol