I need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help

I have a 2004 TL Navi with 22000 miles-I have had it in for service 12 times for engine idle dropping at low seeds and engine repetitively dieing. They have replaced the PCM and throttle control-it is still dieing. The tech line has not idea what to do and once again it has been in the shop for over a week. I have contacted the factory customer line and they are now not calling back. I even sent a letter to the President of Honda USA-and have been shuffled off to someone else and have not gotten response yet. What should I do? The lemon law does not apply as I bought it with 6000 miles. I have owned 8 honda products and never had an issue like this. Any ideas--I am a dedicated Honda man but loosing faith, bad corporate servcie at the headquarters level
Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
12 times???? Wow. Try another dealer dude. Maybe consult a lawyer regarding the lemon law - that little booklet that comes with the car is a joke.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Cruisin'

I am in the Nashville area and no other dealer in the city-anyway the factory reps are involved and they have not idea how to resolve either. I cannot believe how flippant the Corproated office is-they told me two weeks ago that maybe I should look at the lemon law in my state-I am totally blown away by how unconcerned they are and I hav been very polite and diplomatic. May buy a Lexus or Infiniti next time.

Has anyone heard of the idle problem and engine dieing before?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:07 AM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Did you buy the car privately or from the dealer? You may have more recourse if you did not buy privately.

Since a stalling engine is a safety issue I would think your dealer and Acura would have a liability concern. If they can't fix a safety issue after many attempts and you had an accident because of it they may be responsible. It's a lot cheaper for them to fix the problem then pay for any aftermath of an accident caused by a engine stalling. You certainly want to pursue this avenue since it has a lot of leverage.

A couple of other ideas may be to contact your states Better Business Bureau and/or your State's Attorney General if no progress is made with the dealer/Acura. They should be helpful. You might find you are not alone with service problems from this dealer.

If you're persistent you will be successful getting them to resolve the problem.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Cruisin'

I bought the car from an individual that had just gotten a company car-he is a great person and I made a friend when I bought the car-as it only had 6000 miles it was still had a new car smell but I did not buy from this dealer. Thanks for the tip on the attorney general-I think my leverage point is with Acura in Torrence, CA. I will call their executive offices again next week. I presume my next step is to retain an attorney to write a letter. I think Honda may be loosing some of their orientation to their customer and quality edge. I have owned a number of Accords, a Pilot and an Odyssey and issues are becoming more frequent.
You are right-it is a big safety issue-thanks for the advice
Old 12-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Wow, I have been in constant contact with Acura client services with some issues on my car. I will look up the number for the gentlemen I have been in contact with. He even calls back when he says he will (hard to find in this day and age). I know his name is Brian Harrison, I will get you his phone extension when I go into work next (I can stop there tomorrow). I wouldn't think a lawyer would be needed to resolve this problem.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks much-I would really like to unload this particular TL does anyone have experience with inducing American Honda to buy the car back which is in fact what the Lemon Law provides for?

Blueracer 17-what was your issue that required you to contact Mr. Harrison?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
I had serious dash fading and some paint issues to resovle. The dealer said no, the district tool said no also. I called Acura client services and they ended up fixing the dash, the paint however was still a no go. What surprised me most is that he called the dealer and new about all the warranty requests I made in addition to the dash issue. He seemed genuinely interested in my satisfaction. I had several rattles, an axle shaft replaced, and a powersteering line replaced. He called me the friday before I got my car back and said he would call back on Tuesday of this past week. To my amazement he actually called back on Tuesday to see if I was happy with the service from the dealer and that everything was resolved. Also said if I have anymore problems to give him a call direct.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Under your Acura...

no transmission and or immobilizer problems?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:04 AM
Cruisin'

They have ruled out transmission problems but not sure about immobilizer-what would be involved with that?