horrible rattle under the back seat...FIXED!! (Magnaflow Exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Got Pearl?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
horrible rattle under the back seat...FIXED!! (Magnaflow Exhaust)

For the past couple of weeks I have been hearing a bad rattle under the back seat of my car. Now I have had a Magnaflow Exhaust built and I thought it could have something with the exhaust, because I would hear it when I hit the gas. So I took my back seat out and my wife drove around the block and i could tell it was coming from under the car. I got home, jacked the car up and there is a heat shield where the mid muffler is, when I had my exhaust built I had the mid muffler taken out and they used one of the hangers to hold the exhaust pipe in place, well the bolt holding the hanger in place was almost off competely. I just tighten the bolt up and problem fixed, funny how something so small can make so much noise. Take a look a pic...in "my car pics" the pic is under bad noise
Old 01-02-2006, 09:33 AM
10th Gear

Did your engine mods do much ?

I bought my Acura as a daily driver, my fun car is a highly tweaked SVT Cobra . Even with the Acura being an already quick daily driver, I'm always looking for more power. Did the CAI add any power ? It looks like the factory air box is a pretty design free of bends and other restrictions. Also did the Magnaflow make you lose low end torque ? Does it droan at highway speeds ?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Got Pearl?

Originally Posted by rzeiner
I bought my Acura as a daily driver, my fun car is a highly tweaked SVT Cobra . Even with the Acura being an already quick daily driver, I'm always looking for more power. Did the CAI add any power ? It looks like the factory air box is a pretty design free of bends and other restrictions. Also did the Magnaflow make you lose low end torque ? Does it droan at highway speeds ?

AEM added some power, the great thing about it is the sound....It does have a droan around 2k-3k rpms..but I put a 14" ss resonator and it and it helps.(I also left enough room that I could put another resonator in if the sound was too much for me to handle) After about a week you forget about the sound in the car. I have never had an aftermarket exhaust and IMO knowing what I know now I would do it again.