Help!:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Help!:(

Just got back from the mechanic who replaced my 4 brakes rear and from rotors and pads. Earlier this morning i took the car so he can check this weird noise coming from the trans. Sounds like a clicking but when you engage the clutch the clicking stops. Well he said he didn't find anything wrong that everything was fine. When he replaced my clutch I started getting that clicking. All the gears are fine tho. Well he did my brakes around the afternoon and finished around now and my car feels like its driving on cobblestone road. I read something like this but I can't find it. Can anyone help me.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was the clutch replaced with an OEM clutch disc/pressure plate? If so, then noise you hear when the clutch is disengaged (neutral) is most likely the throwout bearing. It's supposed to be replaced everytime the clutch is replaced and could have been installed incorrectly.

As for the way the car feels now after the brakes are done, what do you mean cobblestone road? Can you be more specific about whether it feels rough when you're applying the brakes or just driving and not using the brakes?
The following users liked this post:
**WhItE-aNgEl** (12-31-2011)
Old 12-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJ Aegean 03
Was the clutch replaced with an OEM clutch disc/pressure plate? If so, then noise you hear when the clutch is disengaged (neutral) is most likely the throwout bearing. It's supposed to be replaced everytime the clutch is replaced and could have been installed incorrectly.

As for the way the car feels now after the brakes are done, what do you mean cobblestone road? Can you be more specific about whether it feels rough when you're applying the brakes or just driving and not using the brakes?
Thanks for the quick answer, yes the clutch was replaced with a LUK clutch oem. Idk if you ever driven on cobblestone road but it sounds exactly like it. Kinda like a thumping noise. It happens all the time without the brakes applied. As I'm driving 10-30 you cant hear/feel it. But 30-60 than its really bad kinda feels like a bent rim or a bubble on your tires. It's neither of those tho just a comparison. Or a like driving on a flat tire

Last edited by **WhItE-aNgEl**; 12-30-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Forgot to mention they're drilled rotors both front and rear
Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Racer

As for the way the car drives it really could be a bunch of things. What I would check first would be to make sure the wheels are torqued correctly/lugs are tight. Also check the rims to make sure no "balance weights" came off the inside, which would cause vibration as speeds increase.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

One of the studs did break off taking the front tire of but it was replaced. Could it be that? Either way I'm taking it to the Acura dealer tmrw. Idk if I should get it towed.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by **WhItE-aNgEl**
One of the studs did break off taking the front tire of but it was replaced. Could it be that? Either way I'm taking it to the Acura dealer tmrw. Idk if I should get it towed.
It's a possibility; if you feel safe "limping" the car to the dealer and it's close, I would imagine it's ok to drive (since you said it drove fine at lower speeds). If you would just want to play it safe, you can get it towed and have some peace of mind.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Could it be possible I have a bent rotor?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Weirdest thing I drove my car this morning and it was fine. Wrf??
Old 12-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by **WhItE-aNgEl**
Weirdest thing I drove my car this morning and it was fine. Wrf??
Could have had something in your tire (ie rock/debris) I've had that happen before and sometimes it'll cause a slight vibration, but nothing as bad as what you described.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Noo it was bad bro. My whole car would shake.