Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

So, my day hasn't been going good. I took my car into the dealership today to find out what's going been going on with my gas mileage, after that I came home and the car was parked outside for about 3 hours, I went to the mall for about 30 minutes, everything seemed fine, after the mall I went to pick up my fiancee from work, I was about 30 minutes early for her so I turned the car off in the parking lot and left it in the "I" position, 10 minutes later I decided to the turn the car on, it turned on fine, I cracked my window to have a smoke and I put the car back into "I" position while I was listening to a CD and having a smoke, during this period I was on the phone via HFL talking to my cable company which was about a 7 minute long convo ... by the time I finished my smoke, I noticed by window going up slowly like it was struggling, I tried to turn the car on, and nothing! - It didn't roll over, I turned the car full off, took the key out, tried it again 1 minute later - nothing. Decided to call Roadside for a boost, waited 30 minutes got a boost from the tow truck, car running fine now. I noticed on the drive home after the boost my driver side auto windows won't go down automatically, the passenger side works fine, I thought maybe I need to turn the car off and on again, we went to the mall for a bit, came back out turned the car on - worked fine, window still won't go down automatically though - any suggestions would be helpful

Mind you I'm in Toronto and it was freezing outside today probably around -10ish. I'm not sure what happened to the battery if it drained, or what, but everything was still lit up and the radio would still come on even when the car didn't decided to start. So now I'm stuck with no automatic windows on my driver side. Is there a way to re-program this? Or..is it dead........hELP!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a jump so you can roll your windows up, then head straight for a parts store for a new battery. It's been mentioned dozens of times here on AZine that the stock battery is terrible at holding a charge. subzero temperatures will only make this worse.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
optima makes a great battery with alot of CCA's
Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optim...cts/redtop.php