Heated Seat Not Very Hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006 | 04:57 AM
Cruisin'

Heated Seat Not Very Hot

My mom has a CTS. When I drove her car with the heated seat, it works great on my bad back. But on my new TL, the high setting feels like the low setting on her CTS. Is this something the dealer can fix? Is the heated seat adjustable? I don't care about the passenger side, but they mention the back doesn't heat because of a possible conflict with the side air bags. I wonder if stepping up the heat would impact the side air bag on the driver's side. I don't understand why.
Old 07-02-2006 | 11:31 AM
18,000mi. 29000km

it's because of passenger position sensors in the back, so they couldn't put wires there.

I find mine quite hot at Hi setting. maybe something is wrong with the car.
Old 07-02-2006 | 02:41 PM
Racer

I have to keep mine on low because if I put it on high, it gets really hot to the point where I find it uncomfortable.
Old 07-12-2006 | 12:30 AM
10th Gear

Leather Seats...2006 TL

Well guys and gals, I have read all post and believe me I have been throught hell and back with ACURA. My car was brand new 2 miles on it when purchased..a week later I notice a paint drip on passenger door and instead of doing sand color on door they decided to buff it out and in doing so they burnt the paint..whole different story butfinally got it taken care of..

Now here comes the story on the seats. When car was purchased the seats were in perfect shape, but after the body work Acura decide to give it their complimentary detail and that is where the story begins. Detailers were lazy and decided to steam clean carpets which is the norm, but then they decide to steam clean the seats. As soon as I picked up my car I let them know that detail ruined my back seat and passenger seat. Well, they told me that it would be replaced, well guess what they were never replaced, they just tried to clean them over and over and ruined ALL the seats. So, I brought it to the service managers attention and he said, nah they look fine, but he would sendt them back again,. I said, NO WAY let me talk to service manager, so I did. He agreed to re-do seats but he told me all would be replaced, well guess what they tried to get away with piece work and it didn't pass with me. Once again my new car is left with them for new seats and a week later I am back with the same old bullshit! Now this story seems long because it is long they had my car on and off for a total of 23 days out of the 40 some odd days I owned the car. Finally I went over everbody's head and went to a customer service rep[ and told them the bullshit that their dealership and service were trying to pull on me. Well end of story is that they finally agreed to REPLACE ALL MY SEATS straight from factory...seats are like new, but I tend to agree leather is not the best the Acura uses. My parents owned a Cadillac STS for years and leather never looked as bad as some of the TL's I looked at in regards to telling Acura that their leather sucks bad! If you buy a TSX you will get better letter even though it's a thicker leather, but at leats you won't go through leather problems like the TL. I really can't wait to see what my leather does in a few months knowing that the leather sucks! So to all keep fighting like I did and maybe you will win the war!
Old 07-12-2006 | 12:39 AM
10th Gear

Leather Seats Brand New 2006 Tl..

Well guys and gals, I have read all post and believe me I have been through hell and back with ACURA. My car was brand new 2 miles on it when purchased..a week later I notice a paint drip on passenger door and instead of doing sand color on door they decided to buff it out and in doing so they burnt the paint..whole different story but finally got that taken care of......

Now here comes the story on the seats. When car was purchased the seats were in perfect shape, but after the body work Acura decided to give it their complimentary detail and that is where the story begins. Detailers were lazy and decided to steam clean carpets which is the norm, but then they decided to steam clean the seats. As soon as I picked up my car I let them know that detail ruined my back seat and passenger seat. Well, they told me that it would be replaced, well guess what they were never replaced, they just tried to clean them over and over and ruined ALL the seats. So, I brought it to the service managers attention and he said, nah they look fine, but he would send them back again,. I said, NO WAY let me talk to service manager, so I did. He agreed to re-do seats but he told me all would be replaced, well guess what they tried to get away with piece work and it didn't pass with me. Once again my new car is left with them for new seats and a week later I am back with the same old bullshit! Now this story seems long because it is long they had my car on and off for a total of 23 days out of the 40 some odd days I owned the car. Finally I went over everbody's head and went to a customer service rep and told them the bullshit that their dealership and service were trying to pull on me. Well end of story is that they (managaement) finally agreed to REPLACE ALL MY SEATS straight from factory...seats are all brand new they even left the tags on the seats to show me that they came from the factory. I tend to agree that the leather is not the best that Acura uses. My parents owned a Cadillac STS for years and leather never looked as bad as some of the TL's I looked at in regards to telling Acura that their leather sucks bad! If you buy a TSX you will get better letter even though it's a thicker leather, but at least you won't go through leather problems like the TL. I really can't wait to see what my leather does in a few months knowing that the leather sucks! So to all keep fighting like I did and maybe you will win the war! P.S. My leather is the Parchment and I noticed all Parchment looked pretty wrinkled.