Fogs/HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Fogs/HIDs

Hello, I was wondering about something...
Say if I have an H3 HID kit [ballast, bulbs--wiring that came with them]. Can I somehow use a H11 bulb on the kit instead of using the H3 bulbs?
I saw a picture for H11 bulbs.. and the connectors seemed identical to the one I have for my HID kit that I got from Richie...
If not, I'll just use the current H3 set up and hope someone can get a wiring harness for the fogs to go on the TL.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Hello, I was wondering about something...
Say if I have an H3 HID kit [ballast, bulbs--wiring that came with them]. Can I somehow use a H11 bulb on the kit instead of using the H3 bulbs?
I saw a picture for H11 bulbs.. and the connectors seemed identical to the one I have for my HID kit that I got from Richie...
If not, I'll just use the current H3 set up and hope someone can get a wiring harness for the fogs to go on the TL.
As long as you aren't working with Bi-Xenon bulbs (Low beam/High Beam H4's / 9003's for example), then you should have no compatibility issues between the wiring since they all use the same voltage and 12v/ground wire pair. Also, since most third party (non oem) HID retrofit kit manufacturers use a pretty universal safety connector on their ballasts/harnesses, most work together. For example, the same connectors on a ballast/HID bulb harness from retro-solutions.com fits the cheap $35 Xentec brand kits which are sold on eBay.

Ur good to go with the H11's man!

Andy
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by gerzand
As long as you aren't working with Bi-Xenon bulbs (Low beam/High Beam H4's / 9003's for example), then you should have no compatibility issues between the wiring since they all use the same voltage and 12v/ground wire pair. Also, since most third party (non oem) HID retrofit kit manufacturers use a pretty universal safety connector on their ballasts/harnesses, most work together. For example, the same connectors on a ballast/HID bulb harness from retro-solutions.com fits the cheap $35 Xentec brand kits which are sold on eBay.

Ur good to go with the H11's man!

Andy
Awesome!~ Thanks a lot Andy, just the kind of information I wanted to hear. =D
Looks like my fog issue will be resolved.