Electrical Issues Post AutoBody work

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Issues Post AutoBody work

Recently I got into a little fender bender with my 2006 Acura TL. A car backed up and hit my driver door, with the damage being not TOO serious. So I took it to a AutoBody shop to get it fixed (My driver door had to be stripped and a part had to be ordered) and when I picked it up it started to have little issues. At first it started with the driver door lock/unlock button not working and the "tighten fuel cap" message came up so I took it back and got those issues fixed. Later on the VSA symbol and light won't turn off and my car is driving differently now in terms of not having that same kick or power it use to have. And here and there the driver door lock knob won't pop up or go down when I use the key. Anybody know what should I do? Or what went wrong?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:36 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 610 Likes on 514 Posts
If I were you, and you possibly trust this auto body shop, put it back in their hands.

If not, let them know of the problems, and work a deal where maybe a dealer could solve/fix the issue and you could send the bill to them.? I can't say a dealer is "more" qualified, by any means, depends on the tech. But it "may" be better than leaving it to the auto body shop.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
the MICU is by the drivers door ( kick panel fuse box ) perhaps that got damaged.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Does the door lock knob only not work when you use the key? If it also doesn't work when you use the lock button on the door, then maybe the door lock actuator got damaged as well. $25 part, takes about 1 hour to replace if you know you what you're doing.