Driver seat not moving correctly

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver seat not moving correctly

Driver side seat will move all positions fine but when moving it forward it will just move the left side and points to the right. Right side doesnt move at all.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,829 Likes on 3,850 Posts
There's a drive shaft the connects the slide motor from the left to the right on the front of the seat, make sure that's still attached.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
There's a drive shaft the connects the slide motor from the left to the right on the front of the seat, make sure that's still attached.
Sorry but can you be a little more specific.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,829 Likes on 3,850 Posts
If you look under the front driver's seat, there's a motor on the left (driver) side of the car. There should be what looks like a threaded plastic piece on the motor and one on the opposite side of the seat, I think one is blue and one is white. There should be a drive shaft that connects the two, if the seat is doing as you stated, the drive shaft is either gone (should be obvious) or broken. If the shaft fell out you just need to replace it and re-thread on the caps that hold the shaft to the motor and slide, this should be pretty obvious how to do. If the shaft is missing, you'll need to replace it.

Word of advice, don't fully tighten down one side before you put the shaft in the other side, it doesn't allow enough movement if you do it this way. Once you get it seated in both sides, then tighten down the caps.

Once you get under there, what I said should be much more obvious. I bought this car yesterday and fixed the problem last night so if I can do it, so can you.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
If you look under the front driver's seat, there's a motor on the left (driver) side of the car. There should be what looks like a threaded plastic piece on the motor and one on the opposite side of the seat, I think one is blue and one is white. There should be a drive shaft that connects the two, if the seat is doing as you stated, the drive shaft is either gone (should be obvious) or broken. If the shaft fell out you just need to replace it and re-thread on the caps that hold the shaft to the motor and slide, this should be pretty obvious how to do. If the shaft is missing, you'll need to replace it.

Word of advice, don't fully tighten down one side before you put the shaft in the other side, it doesn't allow enough movement if you do it this way. Once you get it seated in both sides, then tighten down the caps.

Once you get under there, what I said should be much more obvious. I bought this car yesterday and fixed the problem last night so if I can do it, so can you.
I checked it today and it was off in the front of the seat. The blue connector is off the motor towards the left but it doesn't sit on it. Can you tell me the part number if you know what it is.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
^I am not sure what part you need, but here is a link to acuraoemparts, for seat components.
Maybe #7, I am not sure what part is disconnected.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Old 01-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
^I am not sure what part you need, but here is a link to acuraoemparts, for seat components.
Maybe #7, I am not sure what part is disconnected.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Thank You it is #7
Old 02-16-2019, 03:20 PM
10th Gear

Info to anybody who has the symptoms mentioned in this post: This fixed my driver's seat. Better news: It literally takes just seconds to do this fix. I was able to reach the shaft without pulling the seat out. Both end caps of the shaft had unscrewed and were loose. Screwed them back on and now the seat works. Super easy to fix.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drsides
Info to anybody who has the symptoms mentioned in this post: This fixed my driver's seat. Better news: It literally takes just seconds to do this fix. I was able to reach the shaft without pulling the seat out. Both end caps of the shaft had unscrewed and were loose. Screwed them back on and now the seat works. Super easy to fix.
Clean any grease from the end cap threads and put a little blue thread lock (loctite, permatex, etc..).