Door locking problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door locking problems?

Hello guys, I am new to this scene, I just bought my 2005 Acura TL about 2 days ago. I have a odd problem, all my doors do not want to lock. I have used the remote and manually and still does not work (Front and Rear doors). I try to unlock the door and the passenger side rear door is the only one that unlocks. I have checked fuses and they all seem to be good. Is there something I am missing here? looking for some helpful advise. Thank You.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
door lock actuator
Old 03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
the door lock actuator(s) for the door that wont unlock went bad for sure
Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

I've had the same issue, although none of my doors will lock. They will all unlock with the key fob. most replies will tell you to change the drivers side actuator, and in your case that might be the problem. In mine, I did change it and I still can't unlock with my key fob. I took it to the dealer and they were convinced it was the actuator even though I told them I changed it (by the way, unless your pretty mechanically inclined and have tiny hands I wouldn't suggest trying to change the actuator on your own). Anyway the dealer installed a new actuator and, surprise!, it didn't fix it. now they say it's some unit that controls all of the interior electronics and it will cost $600 to fix. So i guess we'll be locking the doors manually for the time begin.

Sorry for the long rant but this has been a frustrating process, I love the TL but so far not impressed with the service or knowledge that the Dealer has on it.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Cruisin'

Hi crowt,

I ran into this issue today and I could not lock my doors with the key fob or using the inside door lock button. I can unlock and open the truck and even roll all the windows down with no issues using the key fob. But, for some odd reason the lock button would not work at all. I tried disconnecting the negative battery and reconnect it and it did not help.

What fixed my issue was just luck or a fluke. Here's what I remember doing and if you or anybody else having this issue, please try this.

First, get in the car and close the door. Then, press and hold down the door panel lock button. At the same time press the lock button on the key fob. It worked for me!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crowt
I've had the same issue, although none of my doors will lock. They will all unlock with the key fob. most replies will tell you to change the drivers side actuator, and in your case that might be the problem. In mine, I did change it and I still can't unlock with my key fob. I took it to the dealer and they were convinced it was the actuator even though I told them I changed it (by the way, unless your pretty mechanically inclined and have tiny hands I wouldn't suggest trying to change the actuator on your own). Anyway the dealer installed a new actuator and, surprise!, it didn't fix it. now they say it's some unit that controls all of the interior electronics and it will cost $600 to fix. So i guess we'll be locking the doors manually for the time begin.

Sorry for the long rant but this has been a frustrating process, I love the TL but so far not impressed with the service or knowledge that the Dealer has on it.

Hi, I have the same problem with my Acura. I can unlock all doors with my remote but can't lock with remote or from inside switches. It happened to all 4 doors at once. I am sure that the actuators are not bad since I can unlock all 4 doors using the remote. They just don't lock with remote.

I will appreciate if you could let me know how you solved the mystery. Thanks
Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 AM
8th Gear

a lot of people have said its the drivers side under dash fuse box i have the same issue that will be my next option