Dealer can't fix rattle. What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer can't fix rattle. What do I do?

I have a rattle coming from the right front door that is driving me (and I am sure the dealership) CRAZY. It started soon after I bought the car. 18 months and 24K miles later it is stilll going on. It has been in the shop at least 6 times.

1) They greased the rt mirror - no fix
2) Replaced window channels - no fix
3) Replaced rt outside mirror - no fix
4) Replaced strip on roof - no fix
5) Replaced door panel - no fix

The last time it was in the shop I am not for sure what they did and it fixed the noise for about two weeks, now the sound is at it again. If I just barely lower the window the sound stops.

I love this car but am getting tired of the interior noises, especially this one!!

Anyone having problems like this for the rt front door? Any suggestions on going back to the dealership AGAIN?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:51 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by the4chews
If I just barely lower the window the sound stops.
Absolutely the symptom of the "window jiggles" I fixed to a very great extent -- see my message within this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132076

Get the new weatherstripping, open up your TL's weatherstripping, put the new weatherstripping underneath it, put your TL's weatherstripping back in place, and you should see immediate relief. Maybe a five-minute job per window.

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:31 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Get a buddy to ride with you so you can drive while he figure out where the rattle is coming from.

I had rattles in following places:
driver side vent
passenger side vent
driver side b-pillar
headliner - right above driver's head
driver side door sash
underside dash panel

I fixed everyone of them myself. My car is rattle free, for now.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation :)

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you have had problems with your TL the4chews. I had several problems with my 05TL too where we had to replace several major components inside and outside of the car to get rid of these annoyances. After many visits I spoke to the owner of the dealership and they offered me an upgrade, I actually traded my 05 TL for an 06. Took a bit of a monetary hit but so far the car has been trouble free.

My suggestion is it to take it to dealer again or try another one, if they can't help call Acura corporate and they will look into this. I hope your issues get looked at.

Thanks..NAA
Old 03-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kennyc
Get a buddy to ride with you so you can drive while he figure out where the rattle is coming from.

I had rattles in following places:
driver side vent
passenger side vent
driver side b-pillar
headliner - right above driver's head
driver side door sash
underside dash panel

I fixed everyone of them myself. My car is rattle free, for now.
I had the L/F heat vent rattle early on. Try this fix:

Remove the vent and insert some 3" thick foam between the top of heat vent "tunnel" and the inner part of the top of the dash to create seperation. It seems that the plastic "tunnel" behind the vent hits the inner part of the dash right above the vent at cruising speeds and over minor bumps.

Good Luck
Old 03-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Instructor

I had the L/F heat vent rattle early on. Try this fix:

Remove the vent and insert some 3" thick foam between the top of heat vent "tunnel" and the inner part of the top of the dash to create seperation. It seems that the plastic "tunnel" behind the vent hits the inner part of the dash right above the vent at cruising speeds and over minor bumps.

Good Luck
Old 03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Instructor

I had a problem with rattles in my 05 that sounded like they were coming from the top of the window near my head but ended up being the side mirror. I could gently raise up on the mirror and hear the click, click noise so I took the mirror off, put some doublesided tape on it where it touches the door and the problem went away.

The 06 I have now has zero rattles so they much have gotten a bunch of complaints.