Dash and Steering Wheel Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash and Steering Wheel Lights

I just purchased a used 2005 TL, and I love it so far. However, i noticed that all of the climate control lights around the stereo and also all of the lights on the steering wheel are out. It seems strange that all of these lights would burn out, although because I bought it from a dealership I don't know if they all went out at once. Should I buy some bulbs and try replacing them? Could it be a blown fuse that I missed? Is this car prone to this kind of problem because I see another lone bulb on the dash not glowing as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 01-27-2016, 01:37 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by tyreiland
I just purchased a used 2005 TL, and I love it so far. However, i noticed that all of the climate control lights around the stereo and also all of the lights on the steering wheel are out. It seems strange that all of these lights would burn out, although because I bought it from a dealership I don't know if they all went out at once. Should I buy some bulbs and try replacing them? Could it be a blown fuse that I missed? Is this car prone to this kind of problem because I see another lone bulb on the dash not glowing as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
If you bought it from an Acura dealer, go back and let them know they sold you a car with burnt out lights and get them to replace the bulbs.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Here's why you might want to see if the dealer will do it first...

The following users liked this post:
tyreiland (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM
7th Gear

I am about to tear into my steering wheel and dash to fix all my burned out lights. If you have one out in the center console, change them all. Same with the steering wheel. Doesn't make sense to take the chance that one you didn't change, will burn out.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

I bought it from a Mitsubishi dealership that got it as a trade-in. They had a note on the vehicle about how "nothing needed to be replaced other than some bulbs," and I assumed this meant they had already replaced them. Unfortunately I misunderstood and I don't think they will help me out on this one, but it might be worth a shot. I may just have to take it apart myself. I still think it is weird that ALL of the bulbs on the center console and the steering wheel would be out. Hopefully it isn't something else, although I don't know what it could be if the buttons still work.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:26 PM

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Given the car's age, I'm not surprised they're all out. It's common and many owners and dealers don't address it.