Complaining!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 08:12 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complaining!!!

Have you people ever read the posts on this site??? Not one of you is happy with the cars you have bought. I am so tired of hearing you whine about all this minor shit. If you people have nothing better or more important in your lives..... that's pretty sad!! Just remember, it's a fucking car... that's it. It is NOT a luxury car!!! It is a glorified honda. If you really wanted a luxury car, you should have bought a mercedes or bmw!! All manufaturers, from yugo to bentley require their dealers to have a service departments!! Want to know why??!! They are going to break!!! Stop whining and crying!!! they are machines, they will break, squeak, creak, and cost money to maintain and repair!! Just shut up and drive the fucking thing.. It has one purpose... to get you from point a to point b. It won't last forever, it will squeak and things will go wrong!! GET OVER IT!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 AM
TL 2012 SH-AWD TECH/UMBER

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jdizzle
Have you people ever read the posts on this site??? Not one of you is happy with the cars you have bought. I am so tired of hearing you whine about all this minor shit. If you people have nothing better or more important in your lives..... that's pretty sad!! Just remember, it's a fucking car... that's it. It is NOT a luxury car!!! It is a glorified honda. If you really wanted a luxury car, you should have bought a mercedes or bmw!! All manufaturers, from yugo to bentley require their dealers to have a service departments!! Want to know why??!! They are going to break!!! Stop whining and crying!!! they are machines, they will break, squeak, creak, and cost money to maintain and repair!! Just shut up and drive the fucking thing.. It has one purpose... to get you from point a to point b. It won't last forever, it will squeak and things will go wrong!! GET OVER IT!!!!!!
It'S people like you who don't care about everything that don't make the world better and better.

Yes a car is just metal, a house is just cement and wood and your body is just Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen etc...

If we can make some pressure on manufacturer to improve the car, why not.

Mercedes has a lot of issue also, even a 100 000 dollars car have problems, i agree.

If we want to complain about that, it's our problem. You said a car is just for going from A to B. People talking like that don't love cars and don't like to drive and most of time are the worst driver, using you car untill it fall aparts.

I can understand in your message that you are a bit depressive because you don't understand why people take so much care of material thing.

That's what makes the world running is earning and spending money, mostly on material things. It's the reality sorry to have to tell you
Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 AM
10th Gear

the fact is, that i love cars. i take care very good care of my cars. i am a master honda/ acura tech. i am simply stating the facts. people should take care of their cars, but don't keep whining and crying over minor things. The manufacturer will not change anything about the car because of your complaints. their concern is making money!! they don't build cars to last anymore. if you had engine/transmission issues, you'd have something to complain about. when i read posts about squeak and rattles and the cost of maintaining cars it pisses me off. its a car. that's it. i work for a dealership and i have seen people get upset to the point where they are crying, yelling or screaming about their cars. meanwhile their houses have bad siding or cracked conrete, the garage door is fucked up, the roof leaks, and they don't get that upset. so don't tell me about material things. i would much rather have a trouble free house than a trouble free car.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 AM

I agree nothing is perfect specially cars. My boss has an 911 porsche cab and so many problems with it, although it's expensive, made in germany.

I dont' t cry for rattle but if it can be fixed easily, why not ! I think this forum is to help each other to set the issues. i drive about 30000 miles per year and rattle may be quiet annoying for me and not for someone that do 20 miles per day to go to work. But promise, i would never cry for this, just ask if something can be done to set it.

I see your point about people that are over reactive about their car, some call it ''their baby'', on a certain point of view it's not normal to give such name to their car.

Agree also, money rule the world. So the car won't last forever and we will change often and everybody will make money. That's good, but for my monney i would like to have the best quality. I think Acura is not so bad on this point.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:36 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
the fact is, that i love cars. i take care very good care of my cars. i am a master honda/ acura tech. i am simply stating the facts. people should take care of their cars, but don't keep whining and crying over minor things. The manufacturer will not change anything about the car because of your complaints. their concern is making money!! they don't build cars to last anymore. if you had engine/transmission issues, you'd have something to complain about. when i read posts about squeak and rattles and the cost of maintaining cars it pisses me off. its a car. that's it. i work for a dealership and i have seen people get upset to the point where they are crying, yelling or screaming about their cars. meanwhile their houses have bad siding or cracked conrete, the garage door is fucked up, the roof leaks, and they don't get that upset. so don't tell me about material things. i would much rather have a trouble free house than a trouble free car.
jdizzle...couldnt agree with you more...might have left the point you were an Acura master tech out of the story though.....doesnt speak well for you or your dealership...sometimes its just better to not say anything.....I know exactly what you are getting at though and tend to agree with your point of view, in part. PS....what the siding on my house looks like/the condition of the paint on their house...or their house whatsoever really is not germain to the situation whatsoever here though...I do see your point totally on the constant complainers though...if it sucks that bad...get another car. Personally...I do expect my car to perform as designed.....and if I have a problem...honestly...the last friggin thing I want to hear is some Acura tech making inferences about the siding on my house? Again....dont see the connection whatsoever....(and I just painted my house?).....so what if their house has probs.....does that excuse an existing problem from a car manufacturer and that it should not be taken seriously? Absolutely not....again...not even germain to the situation?

Second....to your statement....Acura is not a luxury car.....if I worked at your dealership management....I would personally be looking to terminate your employment immediately (nothing personal dude, not slamming you ...just making a point) due to the simple fact that I could never believe that a master acura tech did not even know the marketing direction of our company....I dont see Acura stating its a "trumped up Honda" on their web site or from their sales people whatsoever....(pasted right from Acura web site...A priviledged journey for the senses...LUXURY AND COMFORT....Luxury can stroke an ego. Or it can serve a more thoughtful purpose. Nauturally..the TL masters the fine line inbetween. and I wont even get into the TLC total LUXURY care section and how many times luxury is mentioned on the Acura web site....so is it what you are saying is that your employer is totally scamming us all, or what exactly are you saying? (this is the part where I am saying that it probably would have been better to leave the acura tech part out...doesnt fare well...)

I do somewhat share your opinion about people complaining though....seems very redundant at times doesnt it....but this is because they are passionate about their vehicles...or "car crazy" as Mr Magiuer would state....thats all. They expect the vehicle to perform to the standards your sales department states and presents to the public. There is nothing wrong with this in my view....but I am with you somewhat in that I say, hey....if you cant get it fixed to your satisfaction.....dump it and try another brand?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Smile

Is ElmerHiggins Back???

I have 8,000 miles and not a squeak for my 05 TL. I’m happy. You can go to the BMW and Mercedes forums and hear the same whining

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy
Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Wow....just noticed that you are new to the community! You mean to tell me that you started your account as an Acura Master Tech just to start a thread like this? WOW.

I revert back to my original statement/sentiment.....you are not really doing ANYTHING whatsoever to represent for your brand dude? This is what you do for a living isnt it? The sentiment you express only goes to show why the typical american workers attitude about their job sucks to the point where I would find it very hard to believe that this does not effect the quality of work performed.....

BTW...welcome to the board! We need a good Acura Master Tech to help answer questions around here and maybe help people understand some of the problems they complain about and how they may or may not be repairable, ect and why maybe some of these problems exist and what can and cant be done about them....that would tend to rep better for your brand than saying your clients, who by the way....are the basis for your pay...are total whiners! Still agree with you in part....just question your methods.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:16 AM
10th Gear

gentlemen, i am an honest individual. that is the reason behind posting the info. regarding my employment status. i hear what you're saying, now please try and understand what I'M saying. the facts speak for themselves. acura has done away with the luxury advertising they used to have. if you look at all the new and future advertising, it displays their vehicles as sport sedans. i will say that the quality of the vehicles is very good. i am just shocked to hear that people buy a car and have very little good to say about them. we are all very internet savvy, well educated, intelligent human beings. would you make a major purchase without doing some research first??? the same way we have found this venue to bitch on, wouldn't it have served well to also seek out the information about quality and maintenance issues PRIOR to buying. there is not ONE post that contains any New information. I would like to believe that well educated, intelligent people would make educated decisions about major purchases. As far as the cars are concerned... for the money they are great.. but i have personally seen grown men throw fits over thier cars. it boggles my mind. i have also, in conversation spoken to these people, only to find out that their kitchen is being remodeled and they haven't seen the contractor in 2-3 weeks. they are having to eat out thus spending more money, but when the squeak in the rear shelf area has taken two visits to fix, that annoys them?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

gentlemen, i am an honest individual. that is the reason behind posting the info. regarding my employment status. i hear what you're saying, now please try and understand what I'M saying. the facts speak for themselves. acura has done away with the luxury advertising they used to have. if you look at all the new and future advertising, it displays their vehicles as sport sedans. i will say that the quality of the vehicles is very good. i am just shocked to hear that people buy a car and have very little good to say about them. we are all very internet savvy, well educated, intelligent human beings. would you make a major purchase without doing some research first??? the same way we have found this venue to bitch on, wouldn't it have served well to also seek out the information about quality and maintenance issues PRIOR to buying. there is not ONE post that contains any New information. I would like to believe that well educated, intelligent people would make educated decisions about major purchases. As far as the cars are concerned... for the money they are great.. but i have personally seen grown men throw fits over thier cars. it boggles my mind. i have also, in conversation spoken to these people, only to find out that their kitchen is being remodeled and they haven't seen the contractor in 2-3 weeks. they are having to eat out thus spending more money, but when the squeak in the rear shelf area has taken two visits to fix, that annoys them?!?!?!?!?
A+ (not that my approval mean jack!)

This makes much more sense to me...although the Luxury stuff I pasted from the web site WAS the new version that is up today on acura.com....but I am sure that you could find the same "luxury" term riddled all over Chevy's or Ford's web site too.....(in your defense)
Old 12-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by King of Pain
Is ElmerHiggins Back???

I think this guy is the opposite of Elmer. He actually makes a good point. The car does and will have issues. Hell mine keeps popping out of 3rd gear. But Im not freaking out about it. I actually just got off the phone with my service guy. He wants the link to the thread where people talk about having these issues before. We are trying to figure it out together. jdizzle I tend to agree with you. But I think some people just arent happy and will never be. They have an expectation when they buy the car and in some cases its not met. I for one could not be happier.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
10th Gear

guys, i will be more than happy to advise on any issues/concerns you may have. i just wanted everyone to undertstand that all cars will have issues, and as far as the service departments are concerned, we only get paid for fixing things on your car, if we say it's normal.... we made no money!! that's not why we all get up everday. every tech i've ever known got into this business because they loved cars and they loved fixing them, why not get paid for doing something you enjoy. please know that we are not perfect, we will make mistakes and we will do our best to fix the problems you have, some things we can't fix. they are inherent to the vehicle. let me add one more thing to think about.... When you go to the doctor, you describe and even demostate to her/him what hurts or what's going on. they take your payment BEFORE the doctor even sees you, then the doctor will prescibe medicine he thinks will help, you then go to a pharmacy to have that prescription filled. you pay again. then you take that medicine for a week... what happens when that doesn't fix it?? you have to go see the doctor again, you have to make an appointment 2 weeks out and pay all over again. technicians/mechanics are not allowed to do that. we have to fix it right the first time!! we have to be proffesionals, meaning we only get one shot at fixing the problem before we are classified as morons. but ask any doctor how long they have been doctors and they will tell you they have been" IN PRACTICE'' for x-many years. they still haven't gotten it right!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

jdizzle I am glad you are with us. i have a feeling that you will be asked alot of questions. I agree with you about this car. But there are some people that have bought lemons, I mean they have had alot of issues and that has the tendancy to change your opinion. Not to mention the fact that ACS hasnt always been the best. But I happen to have a great dealer. My dealer is what makes me love Acura. The techs are great and my service rep is top notch. I just wish the other dealers followed suite.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Try the orange pot tomorrow morning
Old 12-26-2005, 11:30 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

guys, i will be more than happy to advise on any issues/concerns you may have. i just wanted everyone to undertstand that all cars will have issues, and as far as the service departments are concerned, we only get paid for fixing things on your car, if we say it's normal.... we made no money!! that's not why we all get up everday. every tech i've ever known got into this business because they loved cars and they loved fixing them, why not get paid for doing something you enjoy. please know that we are not perfect, we will make mistakes and we will do our best to fix the problems you have, some things we can't fix. they are inherent to the vehicle. let me add one more thing to think about.... When you go to the doctor, you describe and even demostate to her/him what hurts or what's going on. they take your payment BEFORE the doctor even sees you, then the doctor will prescibe medicine he thinks will help, you then go to a pharmacy to have that prescription filled. you pay again. then you take that medicine for a week... what happens when that doesn't fix it?? you have to go see the doctor again, you have to make an appointment 2 weeks out and pay all over again. technicians/mechanics are not allowed to do that. we have to fix it right the first time!! we have to be proffesionals, meaning we only get one shot at fixing the problem before we are classified as morons. but ask any doctor how long they have been doctors and they will tell you they have been" IN PRACTICE'' for x-many years. they still haven't gotten it right!!!
Oh so true James.....! It does seem that the mechanical field is at a bit of a loss there compared to medical field in that second chances are when you get flamed totally as a dealer....but I think attitudes much like you have lastly displayed are what is going to get people to understand and feel the dealer is working for them and understand their issues. I can tell from your responses that you are a good tech with the customer in mind...and just a bit/tad irritated from the BS you constantly hear given the passion you have for your career, that I can TOTALLY understand as John Q Public tends to be hard to deal with many times. Again, glad you are aboard with us here at AZ! I am sure your advise will be invaluable to many. Mike
Old 12-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I agree on some points and disagree on others.

I'm sick of people complaining about the stupid things. But its a forum, a place to spark discussion, sometimes these complaints stem recalls. Cars are not perfect and many people don't realize it. They think Acuras are expensive cars and they should work 100% of the time. They are expensive to a degree, but even a $100K Merc S-Class has issues, you just don't know about them because you don't own one. People need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that these things are built by humans (unperfect people) and they will create unperfect things. This forum wouldn't be as exciting if people just posted on how great their car is.

I agree with MichaelBenz, I think you're being rediculous for not thinking Acura is a luxury brand. In fact, Acura was the first Japanese luxury brand! If luxury means paying for an overpriced car where something like HIDs is an option, screw that, keep the Merc, I'll take my Acura.

jdizzle, try not to let fellow members get to you, just appreciate your car, cause in the end, who cares if others are unsatisfied, if you are...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by cTLgo
I agree on some points and disagree on others.

I'm sick of people complaining about the stupid things. But its a forum, a place to spark discussion, sometimes these complaints stem recalls. Cars are not perfect and many people don't realize it. They think Acuras are expensive cars and they should work 100% of the time. They are expensive to a degree, but even a $100K Merc S-Class has issues, you just don't know about them because you don't own one. People need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that these things are built by humans (unperfect people) and they will create unperfect things. This forum wouldn't be as exciting if people just posted on how great their car is.

I agree with MichaelBenz, I think you're being rediculous for not thinking Acura is a luxury brand. In fact, Acura was the first Japanese luxury brand! If luxury means paying for an overpriced car where something like HIDs is an option, screw that, keep the Merc, I'll take my Acura.

jdizzle, try not to let fellow members get to you, just appreciate your car, cause in the end, who cares if others are unsatisfied, if you are...
Well said. And you are totally right...this would be very boring if everybody was an Acura "dickryder" around here....and had nothing negative to say ever....but some people do NOTHING but complain....we can see exactly who these people are by a simple SN search on their post history. Some of these people do NOTHING but complain over and over and over and over.....I mean geez....do they not do anything about their problems BUT complain>it really has to make you wonder sometimes! Complain, state your case, work on a solution, whatever....but to continue over and over to complain about the same issues time and time again in thread after thread (and to many of the same people) and to think something is going to change in your life by doing this boarderlines insane! Heck....I have even seen people complain about something and then get a viable solution given to them by someone...and two days later...they are complaining in some other thread about the same thing again and again and again? Does nothing but waste time/space and tends to make them look "Elmer Higgins-like" to some degree.....and I KNOW WE ALL KNOW WHO HE WAS!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

see and thats just it, I dont mind anybody complaining about there car in this forum. Like CTLgo stated, this is a forum and you do have that right and in some cases it does help. My service rep is looking at threads right now. I stongly believe that if you have a complaint you need to use the correct forum to exrpress it, I think thats the whole reason problems and fixes was created. Not just every damn thread you can get your hands on.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Just wonder why GM and Chrysler are closing more and more plants. Because they didn't listen the complaints of customers and thought ''it's just a car why people are not happy, it's normal to have problems''

If, as you say, ACURA don't listen to what we think and what we ask, they are going to join GM or Chrysler soon.

Why i Don't buy a VW or AUDI is because they have some issues and the service sucks.

Now GM is going to loose is first place for TOYOTA. Too late for GM to react now, although some improvements.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:10 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
welcome jdizzle,

Yup, there is lots of whining that goes on here but there is also lots of constructive discussion about the car. Some folks have really contributed to others enjoyment in the car. Others have posted fixes to both major and minor problems so that owners can remedy the situation themselves without ever seeing the dealer. Even posting the most minor of things, or really odd things, can be helpful to others since they may have it too. The catch is it is also a launching pad for folks to bitch since often times minor problems piss people off the most.

BUT, on the other hand there is some pretty bad shit going on with some people's cars that I am certainly glad I am not experiencing.

--Dash fade
--Vibrations in the AT (not EL42 flat spotting)
--Chewing up rear tires
-- Difficult third gear engagement in the MT (I've got a mild case)

Absolutely I expect a certain amount of cars to have problems but in some cases it appears that folks aren't getting listened to by their dealers. Elmer Higgins did seem to be having a really tough time with his dashboard going gray. Perhaps his handling of it was not the best but he was not alone in this.

So, at a base level I agree with you. I think you just delivered your message a bit too raw. I prefer to not bitch and just fix the damn thing when I can. Even if it costs me a few bucks at the hardware store or an auto parts store. Others can't find the right end of a screw driver so they may have no alternative but to bitch.

I love the car. The fact that it is a "glorified Honda" allows it to be manufactured as the value it is. The extra touches, styling and key differences are what make it an Acura. And, Acura is definitely marketed as a luxury vehicle. Even though the TL is an "entry level" luxury car, I don't think there is much real confusion about whether the TL, MDX and RL are considered to be luxury cars by the masses. (The RSX and TSX are in a gray area for sure to me)

I look forward to your insights and contributions as a Honda/Acura master tech.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Just wanted to say that I love the car but i would't buy the car again because the dealers are the worst in the business next to VW and toyota! I would deffintley pay an extra 10k$ and have some respect when i even have a small problem. I WILL NEVER BUY A NEW ACURA AGAIN! how's that for complaining? but love the car!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is a "problems and fix" section, what u expect them to say then?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by mio
this is a "problems and fix" section, what u expect them to say then?

PROBLEMS AND FIXES

Key word is....... FIXES

I got in my car the other day and when I hit the remote unlock my car DID NOT
auto reset to my setting. I re-programmed the seat memory and Guess What?
it didn't stick.

I went to the dealer told em the problem, they checked it, told me the memory module thigamajigger ( < Technical term) was bad and ordered a new one for me.

Note: I did not start a thread about how shitty the qualty of this car is becuz one thing went wrong.

The dealer called me last week and said we got your part, bring in your car.
I said OK.
I will post any pertinent info, when it comes up.

But to complain on this site isn't gonna:
get my car fixed or get Acura to change anything, they probably hear alot more compliments than complaints.

LETS try Posting some FIXES!!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:33 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if u don't describe ur problems, how the ppl can post the fix for u?

and when u describe ur problems, ppl like u will think that is complaining... so...