Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clutch problem

So the problem started after i did the "clutch delay valve" removal mod on my slave cylinder. I reused my original cylinder and must have been careless when i was taking it off, never noticed that there was supposed to be a o-ring on the hard line that goes into the actual cylinder, which in turn caused a very slow leak, and since its been cold out i never bothered fixing it. Instead i would just top up my clutch fluid reservoir. Until last Wednesday when I forgot to check on the fluid and i ran dry while out with some friends. I was able to get enough pressure out of the pedal by pumping it to engage gears on my way home. Once i got home i tried filling the reservoir and bleeding the line, but the pedal developed a sort of delay in its movement. When i let off the pedal it wouldnt immediately catch and start moving the car till about 1.5seconds later. I decided that i would get a new slave cylinder and this would solve my problem. I got my new slave yesterday and installed it, following the acura manual to the T. I even used a block of wood behind the fork as to not allow the fork to move but to get the remainder of the air out of the system. I now see no air bubbles in my clear plastic hose which i have running to clear bottle from the bleeder nipple. And still I have this delay. Although the delay goes away if i pump the clutch a few times and never actually completely lift my foot off the clutch. So if i just keep a bit of pressure on it then it jumps back normally, but if i release all at once then it takes its time on the way up. Im baffled, im going to take it to a mechanic on Tuesday, and he should have some sort of bleeder machine that would take 100% of the air out. Until then Im under the impression that perhaps i damaged my master cylinder, has anyone had a similar problem ?