Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Stuck On

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Stuck On

After erasing the codes on my car, this is the code that stuck after test driving my car.
This code came up the first time I scanned my car when it was running in limp mode.
I have 2006 Acura TL. I got my automatic transmission rebuilt a year and a half ago, and I have put on only about 15,000 miles on it. One day, the transmission went into limp mode and I got stuck in the middle of nowhere and drove it home while in limp mode (going 50mph stuck in 2nd gear at 5000 rpm for an hour home). When I got home, I first did the basics: change my transmission fluid, replace the transmission filter, and change the 3rd and 4th pressure switches. I pulled this salvage operation a day before I had to go on a road trip. Later that night, I test drove the vehicle again, and this time it wasn't stuck in limp mode, but it was shifting very erratically. Very hard downshifts and up shifts, almost like it was jumping around gears and couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in. I scanned my car, and the intermittent code that kept popping up is "Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Stuck On". Now, I've been looking really hard to find the exact location on where this solenoid is but I am not a transmission expert. I'm wondering if simply replacing the solenoid would fix the problem. I've already spent a lot of money on the other parts trying to fix my transmission and I don't want to spend more money that I don't need to. I'm really stuck and I really need my car for commute, I have no other backup vehicles. I wanted to give it a shot and see if I can fix this before taking it to a shop. Really need some help, much thanks in advance. I will try to post a link to a video of my symptons.

Last edited by Extipsy; 06-29-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Cruisin'

Here is a youtube link to a video of the symptons my car is experiencing. Really hope someone can help me. Thank you!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,692 Likes on 6,706 Posts
Have you tried replacing your CPC A solenoid?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

That's what I want to do, but I don't know the location of where this solenoid is. And I was reading that if there's something wrong with the solenoid, that there might be a bigger problem at cause. But I don't want to conclude anything. Is this solenoid on the outside of the transmission case? Or does it require me taking apart the transmission to replace.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

Update, found a page in the service manual about the clutch pressure control solenoid valve A/B. I will be taking out these solenoids which are on the outside of the transmission case and test them. However, does anyone know if replacing this is usually the solution?
Old 11-30-2018, 03:46 PM
4th Gear

Same problem...

Originally Posted by Extipsy
After erasing the codes on my car, this is the code that stuck after test driving my car.
This code came up the first time I scanned my car when it was running in limp mode.
I have 2006 Acura TL. I got my automatic transmission rebuilt a year and a half ago, and I have put on only about 15,000 miles on it. One day, the transmission went into limp mode and I got stuck in the middle of nowhere and drove it home while in limp mode (going 50mph stuck in 2nd gear at 5000 rpm for an hour home). When I got home, I first did the basics: change my transmission fluid, replace the transmission filter, and change the 3rd and 4th pressure switches. I pulled this salvage operation a day before I had to go on a road trip. Later that night, I test drove the vehicle again, and this time it wasn't stuck in limp mode, but it was shifting very erratically. Very hard downshifts and up shifts, almost like it was jumping around gears and couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in. I scanned my car, and the intermittent code that kept popping up is "Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Stuck On". Now, I've been looking really hard to find the exact location on where this solenoid is but I am not a transmission expert. I'm wondering if simply replacing the solenoid would fix the problem. I've already spent a lot of money on the other parts trying to fix my transmission and I don't want to spend more money that I don't need to. I'm really stuck and I really need my car for commute, I have no other backup vehicles. I wanted to give it a shot and see if I can fix this before taking it to a shop. Really need some help, much thanks in advance. I will try to post a link to a video of my symptons.
I have the exact same problem on my 06 TL. Must be a common occurrence. Did the pressure control solenoid fix your problem? I got code P0747 which said it could be dirty fluid, clogged filter or the PCS. The fluid and filter were replaced last month so I'm looking at the solenoid. Please let me know if it helped you.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dwayne martin
I have the exact same problem on my 06 TL. Must be a common occurrence. Did the pressure control solenoid fix your problem? I got code P0747 which said it could be dirty fluid, clogged filter or the PCS. The fluid and filter were replaced last month so I'm looking at the solenoid. Please let me know if it helped you.
So in the end bro, I ended up just having to get a new transmission. I couldn’t figure out what the problem was but it was just fucked. But my only advice to you would be to check all your solenoids and make sure they’re tight and connections are clean. That was the only thing that I didn’t do. After getting my transmission replaced, me and a friend inspected my old transmission and noticed a solenoid that was loose and not secured tightly. It was most likely left loose from the guy who had prior rebuilt my transmission. Not saying that is or was the cause of the issue, because I really have no idea. But it really doesn’t hurt to try. Good luck though bro. This was so much of a headache for me that I ended up just dropping some money and picking up a used transmission. Hope I was able to help.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

Same issue

Originally Posted by dwayne martin

So I'm wondering if you have an update, I replaced the filter and changing the fluid aswell.......anything would help I'm trying to find an easy way to purchase the part

Part number?????