Climate control bulbs

Old 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate control bulbs

Hows it going, I need some help changing the climate control bulbs on a 08 tl type s. Just recently got the car and not too familier with how to change them. I have 3 bulbs that are out just looking for a write up or guidance on how to change them.. thanxs
Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM
4th Gear

Anyone?
Old 05-01-2017, 03:04 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/tl-s-radio-dash-misc-bulb-part-number-thread-942172/

And others. Just search.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:27 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mariusz439
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/tl-s-radio-dash-misc-bulb-part-number-thread-942172/

And others. Just search.
that tells me the bulb size.. i ordered the bulbs months ago i need a how to take it all apart to change them.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
In order to get to the climate control bulbs, you're going to have to disassemble the front console.

First start by prying up the aluminum trip on either side. This will expose a bunch of screws. They basically all need to come out so you can slide the rear portion of the center console backwards. You then need to remove the glove box. Then you need to remove the panels on either side of the center console. Then you will need to pull the radio out. Then you should be able to get to the nav unit and pull that out. From the back side of the nav unit, you should have access to the bulbs. I would just replace all of them while you have the center dash pulled apart.

The bulbs are notorious on this car for going out. Find a thread on how to replace the radio or install a short throw shifter in the Garage, it should walk you through what I described with pictures.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:49 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NoTLoud
In order to get to the climate control bulbs, you're going to have to disassemble the front console.

First start by prying up the aluminum trip on either side. This will expose a bunch of screws. They basically all need to come out so you can slide the rear portion of the center console backwards. You then need to remove the glove box. Then you need to remove the panels on either side of the center console. Then you will need to pull the radio out. Then you should be able to get to the nav unit and pull that out. From the back side of the nav unit, you should have access to the bulbs. I would just replace all of them while you have the center dash pulled apart.

The bulbs are notorious on this car for going out. Find a thread on how to replace the radio or install a short throw shifter in the Garage, it should walk you through what I described with pictures.
thank you
Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts

Search this Thread