Check Starting System

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Check Starting System

Hi all,

I've gotten the (dreaded, in my case) "Check Starting System" message for the second time now. The first time, the car would not start until I shifted it into neutral. It started in neutral, and the message went away.

Today, I got the message, and just shifted into neutral to start like I did before, but the message would not go away.

Now the car is in my garage, and it starts, even in park, but the message is still there. I don't want to get stuck somewhere, so I'm afraid to drive it.

Now, I have done an LED headlight mod, and I'm wondering if this has anything do with it. I hope not, because I had the mod a few months before this started happening.

I don't understand why shifting to neutral lets me start the car. Could it be related to the neutral safety switch?

I'm not sure what my purpose of posting here is. I guess I mainly want to know if anyone else has experienced this. I can take it to a dealer but my schedule is always full so I really don't have a good time to do it, but I also don't want to be far away from home and have it completely die.

Regards,
Jay