Car pulling hard to the left

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Car pulling hard to the left

i recently got a used tire on ebay to replace one that had developed a bubble. same exact tire since my tires were 2 years old. tread depth was similar to others. i measured 7/32 for used tire and 8/32 for other 3. anyway i had it put in and balanced and did a 4 wheel alignment. car has always drifted to the left since i bought it used but now it pulls hard to the left. very annoying and thought maybe its the difference in tread depth or maybe they messed up the job although they did the alignment perfect in the past. was wondering what thoughts the masses would have on this dilemma and possible fixes.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
switch your front tires L - R and see if it changes, I am assuming the new/used tire is on the front. put it in the rear and see what happens you need to experiment
Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
same issue

Heyy i had the same exact issue... I had hit a pothole and replaced the front left tire. Before i had any time i had a replacement that my tire guy gave me until i could warranty the tire. SO i rotated the front tires to the back. Anyway long story short when i rotated, the car was pulling hardcore to the right. So i had acura do an alignment. They said everything was fine. Still the car pulled when i hit the gas. So after process of elimination. and checking to make sure the rim or any other rims were balanced and not bent, the last thing was that i could have a defective tire. If a rim was bent the car would wobble . So i brought it to mavis where i got the tires and they replaced the front tire on the left after i jumped through all of their hoops and was miserable. But that was the problem the tire was defective. This is rare, but worth looking into. The treads were fine and there was nothing visible that showed a tread skip... so you can check that as well!!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks man i really appreciate you info and taking the time to reply. im gonna re-align and then replace the tires if need be.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Switch the tires around
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 610 Likes on 514 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon Bronze S
Heyy i had the same exact issue... I had hit a pothole and replaced the front left tire. Before i had any time i had a replacement that my tire guy gave me until i could warranty the tire. SO i rotated the front tires to the back. Anyway long story short when i rotated, the car was pulling hardcore to the right. So i had acura do an alignment. They said everything was fine. Still the car pulled when i hit the gas. So after process of elimination. and checking to make sure the rim or any other rims were balanced and not bent, the last thing was that i could have a defective tire. If a rim was bent the car would wobble . So i brought it to mavis where i got the tires and they replaced the front tire on the left after i jumped through all of their hoops and was miserable. But that was the problem the tire was defective. This is rare, but worth looking into. The treads were fine and there was nothing visible that showed a tread skip... so you can check that as well!!
What kind of hoops did you have to go through? I just got new tires 3 weeks ago, and it is pulling to the right. Had them do an allignment and all is green! But it stills pulls to the right, also had them swap the front two tires, still the same. They say it could be a radial pull, but said it does not qualify as a defective tire.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Check the tire pressure with a very good gauge. As little as 2 pounds in the front can make mine pull.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
e92TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it should be the tires, i had same issues, had my car aligned, then switched out my tires, and fine afterwards... Never get used tires, no warranty, and what if that shit pops on you...