Car has no power when using headlight timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car has no power when using headlight timer

Hey guys, I've had my 08' Type S for a few months now and today it started giving me problems with power.

I normally leave my headlights in the "on" position all the time and I have the timer set @ 60 seconds for them to turn off. However, recently, when I try to lock the car (when the headlights are on) it seems to freeze up. I have to press the lock button a few times and sometimes wait 15 seconds or so for it to actually lock it.

This morning, when I got up, I hit the unlock button and nothing. I figured maybe the remote was dead. I used another remote and same thing. I then opened the driver's side door with the key and the car had no power ( no interior lights were on). I figured dead battery but after 5 seconds, the headlights turned on and the alarm started blaring. The power came back. I had to put in my code for my navi and my audio unit as if the battery was disconnected.

Again this afternoon, I had a similar issue. I hit the unlock button, the doors unlocked and as soon as I put the key into the ignition to start it, the power went dead. I then closed the door and tried locking the car and it did. I unlocked the car and the power was on and it started up just fine.

I've tried to keep my headlights in the auto or off position when turning off and on the car today and I didn't have that issue.

I'm stumped here guys. Any suggestions? The car is out of warranty.

BTW, I'm using a fairly new optima battery.