Can anyone help me out?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anyone help me out?!

well it all started when I replaced my HID's with the philips 85122s. They worked fine for about a week, and then while driving one night my passenger side just went out. So the next day I checked the fuse before I did anything.. only to find it wasnt blown. Then I thought it may be the bulb so I go through the hassle of taking the bumper back off and both of the headlights to check the bulbs. I couldnt look at it and tell if the bulb was blown so I switched the bulb in the driver side headlight with the bulb that had went out.. and it worked. I automatically assume I need a new ballast, so I buy both the ballast and ignitor from ack, just to be on the safe side. Well yesterday I finally got around to replacing the ballast and ignitor.. I put the philips bulb back in and it still doesnt work.., So at this time im out of ideas and decide to try and put the factory HID back in.. and it works. NO this isnt the end of the story.. ive found it only works at specific times and its really annoying the hell out of me, I have no idea what the problem is... If I turn the car on and turn my headlights on both HIDs work fine... if I turn them off anytime after that and turn them back on while the car is still running the HID will go out again.. and will not come back on until I turn the car back on and off????? WTF... So now Im thinking i never needed a ballast at all and im back to square one.. does anyone have any idea why this is happening? PLEASE HELP... Thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts