Button in Key Fob Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
SSM Accord V6 6 Spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Button in Key Fob Not Working?

I normally don't ever post here because I don't own a TL (I own a 7th gen Accord), but I do own a TL switchblade key and the unlock button has stopped working. It's been about a year and a half that all functions on the remote worked (ignition, lock, unlock, trunk, panic) and now the unlock button doesn't work. I will repeatedly press it and the red light does not light up. The door lock actuators do work, however, leading me to believe that it's a remote issue. It was acting up a few weeks ago, requiring me to first press the lock button, then the unlock button to get it working.

I am thinking either the remote needs to be reprogrammed, have its battery replaced, or needs to be completely replaced. I've searched the forums with no luck, so if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EPS CL
I normally don't ever post here because I don't own a TL (I own a 7th gen Accord), but I do own a TL switchblade key and the unlock button has stopped working. It's been about a year and a half that all functions on the remote worked (ignition, lock, unlock, trunk, panic) and now the unlock button doesn't work. I will repeatedly press it and the red light does not light up. The door lock actuators do work, however, leading me to believe that it's a remote issue. It was acting up a few weeks ago, requiring me to first press the lock button, then the unlock button to get it working.

I am thinking either the remote needs to be reprogrammed, have its battery replaced, or needs to be completely replaced. I've searched the forums with no luck, so if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
EPS CL

Not sure if you figured out your problem but in any case you have to replace the battery. Also you might have pressed the Lock and Unlock button at the same time which clears out your memory. All you have to do if its not a battery issue is to go to a honda dealer and have them reprogram your key. Good luck.