The "AUTO" window switch on the passenger side? -- PROBLEM!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "AUTO" window switch on the passenger side? -- PROBLEM!

Does the AUTO window switch on the passenger side's window even work for you guys?
Apparently, my auto doesn't work for the passenger side. However the driver's side window auto does work.

When attempting to make use of the AUTO, the window switch on the driver's side for the passenger side doesn't work and neither does the window switch on the passenger side.

Any ideas on how I can get the passenger side window to automatically go all the way down (and up) with one click of the switch?

I never noticed this problem ever since i got the car. lol. until today, when i tried doing it....
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Try by Keeping your finger depressed fully on the window switch the whole time you roll down the window. Once it's fully down, keep your finger on the switch fully depressed for 2 seconds.

Do the same thing when you roll up the window, instead you keep you finger on the switch fully lifted for 2 seconds after it's rolled up. This is what I did on the driver door so I don't know if its the same thing for the passenger door.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
acidikelmnt (09-18-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by optical24
Try by Keeping your finger depressed fully on the window switch the whole time you roll down the window. Once it's fully down, keep your finger on the switch fully depressed for 2 seconds.

Do the same thing when you roll up the window, instead you keep you finger on the switch fully lifted for 2 seconds after it's rolled up. This is what I did on the driver door so I don't know if its the same thing for the passenger door.

Hope this helps.
just an FYI, I tried this, and it only makes matters worse. My window wouldn't even go back up at all after trying this. I have to wait a few minutes, and then it will literally go up a centimeter. I drove home 30 minutes and only managed to get it half way up by the time I got home. Now my car is sitting in the garage with one window halfway down :'(

To make matters worse, I thought it was the motor from all the threads I've read on here, and I just replaced it last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML.

If anyone knows what the issue is (i.e. switch or a part), please send me the link and tell me how to fix it, because honestly, this is driving me insane.