ASAP, quention about Emergency Break??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ASAP, quention about Emergency Break??

I just took my car body shop and I have a question.

They had to repair the whole back axle including balljoints, and some other parts thatr I dot know how to write in english.

the question is, If they take the brake disk, caliper etc, do they have to adjust the emergency brake???

The reason is that the border line between the cup holders and the heat seat buttons now is separated and they use a flat head screw driver to take it apart and they scratch, and mark that border line???
Old 07-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
There are a few adjustments that can be made, one through the rotors to adjust the shoes, and the other through the console. If the rear shoes are adjusted properly and the lever needs to be adjusted, the adjusting nut is located under the console, so only the console lid and mat need to be removed to gain access. They may have tried to remove other parts.

Last edited by Turbonut; 07-24-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Racer

thank you. The heat buttons are not working neither, so I have to go and check tthat out with them.

Is there any connection with heat buttons and the buttons of the A/C (arrows) not lighting up??
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafiton
The heat buttons are not working neither...

Is there any connection with heat buttons and the buttons of the A/C (arrows) not lighting up??
Do you mean the front seat heater buttons?
Do the seat heaters work? If not, the shop probably pulled the console and forgot to reconnect the switches/buttons. If the seat heaters work, the lights are burned out.

I don't think the seat heater button lights are connected to the A/C lighting.
Does the A/C work?
Do the other climate control buttons-- fan, mode, Off, etc.-- light up, or are they all out?

It sounds like the body shop is not competent.
Make a list of things that should be working and have the body shop fix them or pay to have them fixed.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Yes, to remove the rear disk/drum, they probably had to "retract" the p-brakes shoes from the inside of the drum by turning the p-brake adjustment sprocket.

After replacing the drum/disk, they should have done both a major and minor p-brake adjustment. They probably removed the center console to make it easier to do the minor adjustment. If they scratched the console and also did not properly align the sections when putting it back together (you have to pay attention when reassembling the console parts or it's easy to have gaps), I would complain to the body shop.

Here's a link to the service manual scans for the p-brake major/minor adjustments:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=22
Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Do you mean the front seat heater buttons?
Do the seat heaters work? If not, the shop probably pulled the console and forgot to reconnect the switches/buttons. If the seat heaters work, the lights are burned out.

I don't think the seat heater button lights are connected to the A/C lighting.
Does the A/C work?
Do the other climate control buttons-- fan, mode, Off, etc.-- light up, or are they all out?

It sounds like the body shop is not competent.
Make a list of things that should be working and have the body shop fix them or pay to have them fixed.
Well the A/C works, is just the LED's from the arrows that dont light up, the other ones light up okay when I turn the lights on.

About the seat heater I think they didnt connect them because when I press them the yellow light doesn't work and the seats dont get warm, I was pretty upset that they mark the whole gap with the screw driver.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
its common that the shop kid is given the small task and screws them up
Whatever they damage is on them to replace for you
It happens all the time- you are not special~
Make a list- look over every single detail of their work for any faults to be corrected

good help is hard to find- especially in body repair--dirty nasty dusty, in a hurry,,