anyone pist about their WDP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:39 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone pist about their WDP?

Just Wondering If Anyone Else Is Pist That The Bumpers On The Wdp Are A Shade Off? Acura Said Theyre All Like That And Theirs Nothing They Will Do About It. I Just Got The A-spec Package Installed On Mine And The Body Kit Sits On The Bumper, It Looks Goofy Becuase Its Two Noticable Different Shades. Anything We Can Do About This Or Should I Just Suck It Up?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
10th Gear

i just bought a wdp last night. i did notice the color difference. i'm not pissed off...but i won't lie, it does bother me a bit. pearl (esp. white) exteriors are too hard to retouch/repaint if there ever is an issue. i'm assuming that's why.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Riu
2004 TL

Originally Posted by edsonfire
Just Wondering If Anyone Else Is Pist That The Bumpers On The Wdp Are A Shade Off? Acura Said Theyre All Like That And Theirs Nothing They Will Do About It. I Just Got The A-spec Package Installed On Mine And The Body Kit Sits On The Bumper, It Looks Goofy Becuase Its Two Noticable Different Shades. Anything We Can Do About This Or Should I Just Suck It Up?

You capitalized every beginning letter of every word.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Actually, I Typed Everything In Caps But When I Posted It, It Automatically Changed It To Look Like That. Wierd!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Mofo

I have a WDP and I am pretty pissed about it too
There is someone on this forum that got a re-paint through warranty...can't remember the name though
Old 02-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I talked to the service manager, who talked to the district manager. They argeed to repaint my bumper anytime during the warrenty period. They would repaint it only once, regardless whether it matched or not after the repaint. I haven't gotten around to getting it repainted yet. Not sure if I want to make it worse.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ask them to repaint the whole care so everything matches....or ask them to give u a discounted repainted price...id pay extra to have everything painted from one batch
Old 02-21-2006, 09:09 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, I Typed Everything In Caps But When I Posted It, It Automatically Changed It To Look Like That. Wierd!
Thankfully, it changed it for you because there are few things as annoying as reading a post typed in all caps.

How far off is the color? Does it depend on the light or is it just plain off? I'd be hesitant to have them repaint the whole car, but that's just me. It seems a paint job done after the car is all built will never be as good as the robot-applied factory job.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Advanced

My kit doesn't match perfectly either, but doesn't bother me as much as trying to get those clowns to perform warranty work on my car. Also depends on the angel ur lookin at and lighting. After my 1st oil change they well not touch my car, and well not even let them even clean the car. I personally would get the car repainted by professional painters!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Advanced

Does the new 06 acura TL have the same problem? im guessing they had alot of complants so they probley did something about it?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't notice it on mine... or maybe I'm not as keen to color differences as other members.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

it does have alot to do with the lighting. its very noticable to me but that may also be becuase im a perfectionist and paid like 30 grand for the car (about 4 times more than ive ever spent on a car so i was expecting perfection!) everybody who sees the car dont notice it though cuase they tell me this is the most badass ride theyve ever seen. maybe im just being too over-concious about it, although i am going to bring it up to acura and hopfully get a repaint granted for sometime during the warrenty period like the one guy said on here.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Lots of posts here regarding paint and bumpers/urethane not matching. Am I pissed? Not really, I knew of the problem before hand when I did my research here and other places. Willing to live with it.

Good luck getting dealer to repaint.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:41 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
IMO there is always going to be a bit of a difference in WDP bumper and body....it happens. I do think that the earlier you install an A-spec body kit to delivery helps ease this a bit though and they tend to match a bit better then- as they wear at the same rate then. Problem comes when ie....bought car in January and then thought about and installed A-spec kit in October...or worse yet...a year or so later...yep....your likely gonna see a slight difference....which will often even out with time and exposure to the elements ususally (kind of like when you remove a rear emblem after a year or so and it is still "ghosted" in the paint...which eventually fades out with some exposure and some wax....this same type of thing will happen often with the kits...they will fade out to match over time better than they do right out of the box the first day....and as I said...sometimes this effect can be lessened by an earlier install before the car has had exposure.....but will often even out some after time and exposure either way.

As far as the bumper not matching out of the gate though...again...I go with what the above stated...kind of knew that going into it and was willing to live with it. Mine isnt that bad....
Old 02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with yall... It really bothers you if you bought a 35000ish car and the paint doesnt match.......Why it doesnt match? They paint the bumpers on a different factory thats why the paint doesnt match really well... I bought the RJ kit and have it paint in a body shop and they asked me to leave the car so they can really match it..... after a week of wondering if they can match the paint.... I went to the body shop and I WAS AMAZED!!! they really did MATCH I mean MATCH the paint... my old bumpers looks like it was 30% off.... But yea, the reason why it doesnt really match the color of the car because they paint the bumpers on a different factory...
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Advanced

didnt any of you (the ones complaining) look at your car before you drove it off the lot? if you bought it that way, why do you expect Acura to paint it?

my WDP is off slightly, if you get your face right up to it under flourescent lights, but I expected this, knowing that the caps are of a different material, requiring different refinishing techniques and products. I dont consider this an issue.

I inspected my car before I drove away in it. I wouldnt have bought it if I wasnt happy with the paint match. painting on a new car is asking for trouble. paint repairs have a way of blowing up in one's face down the road.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

My wife says the bumpers dont match, I dont notice it.
I look at it under different light, and sometimes think I can detect some difference, or is it just shadows/angles?

So it bothers her a bit, me not at all!

I agree, if you accepted the car that way, dont expect them to fix it.
And I also would not want anyone to work on or even clean MY car but me.

I dont think most aftermarket paint jobs hold up well or the same as original, anything i ever had painted might have matched when new, but not over time.

Brett
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, even worse then.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Advanced

Smile

Looks more Goofy than mmismatched bumber colors . . .
Old 02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
My brother GS400 had the same problem and i took it to the Lexus dealer they immediately send me over to their body shop and repaint the bumper, side molding no question asked...another point to Lexus. My Arthercite has a couple of lighter spots on the hood that bother the hell of of me but can only be seen at certain lighting..usually indoor and dealer claim they dont see it...ahhh
Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Why is so hard to get any work out of the Acura dealers? Compared to other dealers their customer service is really crappy.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by clay8898
Why is so hard to get any work out of the Acura dealers? Compared to other dealers their customer service is really crappy.
any refinishing that is done on your vehicle after it leaves the factory is going to be done using different products and techniques. even if it matches perfectly when you pick it up, chances are it wont a couple years down the road, unless you dont drive it and keep it covered or in a garage. the dealer is doing you a favor by resisting paint repairs for issues like this...

Originally Posted by xedap1998
My brother GS400 had the same problem and i took it to the Lexus dealer they immediately send me over to their body shop and repaint the bumper, side molding no question asked...another point to Lexus
a bumper that doesnt match perfectly on a 50k+ Lexus??? how can that be?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Instructor

bumpers do not match the rest of the car on most Audi's, not all, but most.. you can walk through our shop and tell that basically none of them match.......
Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

i cant believe im hearin this. first i thought it was just the acura wdp this was happening to but people are telling me its happening to every color (except the black and dark blue so far). and it happens on audi's and lexus's. the other most noticeable off shaded car ive seen since i started looking in detail into this are the newer model cadillac's. what's the deal with this bs? why cant they get it right? and the most ironic thing ive seen so far is that all the bumpers on the new honda's seem to match perfectly but the more expensive acura's dont? hmmmm.....
Old 02-27-2006, 01:33 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Originally Posted by xedap1998
My brother GS400 had the same problem and i took it to the Lexus dealer they immediately send me over to their body shop and repaint the bumper, side molding no question asked...another point to Lexus. My Arthercite has a couple of lighter spots on the hood that bother the hell of of me but can only be seen at certain lighting..usually indoor and dealer claim they dont see it...ahhh

the only shade that should be off is the bumpers. if you got miscoloring on your hood, you better go make them lazy acura asses repaint that shit!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Magnaflow Performance

My wifes Lexus is pearl white and the back bumper is off as well-

She doesnt notice and she loves the color so what do I care- its her car-
Old 02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
yeah

my brother GS was a white with perl also....it was a common problem i think but at least they are willing to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy...what annoys me the most is "normal" BS i get from acura dealers...yeah the hood look like they did a half ass job on it...under certain lighting you can tell the paint is lighter...than the rest of the hood..the sprakle in arthercite...anyways...damn...to be honest there is a honda dealer in houston that treat customer better than any acura dealers i've been to...huge dealer
Old 03-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
I noticed it right away when I was at the dealer buying my car (06 ASM). I looked at every car in the same row and the ones in the rows in front and behind that were TL's. I noticed it on ALL the colors with black being the hardest to see. It bothered me too, but not enough to not buy the car.Also looked at one of their TSX's and noticed it had the same problem
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Racer

My rear bumper on my WDP was a completely different shade than the rest of the car. Initially the dealer I purchased the car from refused to do anything about it and said that how all the WDP's are. I kept bringing the issue up at every service and finally another dealer agreed that the colors were way off. They did have to get approval from the District Manager to repaint the bumper. After the repaint the colors match quite well now...
Old 03-04-2006, 02:21 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

i see you are from pittsburgh also. what dealer did u go to that finally repainted your bumpers so i can go hit them up?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Racer

edsonfire,

just sent you a pm...

Old 03-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Mines off too. DOes this seem right? I mean it is a 35k car, and if there trying to climb the luxury sedan sector is this the kind of product they want to be putting out? I didn't notice it at first, maybe b/c i was buying the car during dusk hours. But seems pretty awful. Anyone know where i can take it to be repainted in the Bay Area? I wanted to get a RonJon kit anyways, but still I paid them good money for this car. Other than that it's great!