Anyone have 6mt clutch not disengage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have 6mt clutch not disengage?

I went to Phoenix yesterday. While there, something strange happened to the clutch. Trying to start out from a stop, pushed in the clutch, tried to put in in gear, but couldn't get it in gear. Had to shut it off, then put it in gear, then start it when you want to go.
Luckily, I was only a block from my destination.
I called Acura Client Services; they only tow for free 50 miles; it was about 150 back to the Tucson dealer.
Client Services gave me the number for the closest dealer, Peoria. I asked them if I could get a loaner and if would be OK if I drove it back to Tucson.
They said no problem.
So they towed it to Acura of Peoria and I have a bright red TSX as a loaner.
It took less than a half hour for the towing guys to arrive, they were really responsive.
The service person at Acura of Peoria was very nice, too. It only took about a half hour at their shop before I had the loaner.
Don't know what is wrong with it yet, they said it would be Monday before they know.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Sounds like an issue in the hydraulics. Master or slave cylinder may be bad. That's usually the culprit when there is "too much clutch" (as opposed to too little clutch a.k.a slipping). Sometimes you can pump a bit ut if it is too far gone then your stuck. Start her up in first and then see how masterful you are at clutch-less shifting. It can be done but it's not recommended
Old 04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The weird thing is the amount of pressure required to push the pedal didn't change. The clutch reservoir was full. It was a sudden thing with no warning; all of a sudden I couldn't get into any gear. No strange noises, nothing.

I know what out-of-fluid feels like; my wife's Miata got too low. I drove it home about 15 miles without a clutch, downshifting and all, no grinding. The synchros help, but you still have to be very careful with the gas.

Anyway, I still haven't heard from the dealer on the TL. I'm getting ready to call them.
Mike